• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AR scouting Report.

Ivan The Awesome

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Not really. We have 1 extra 2nd that’s likely at the end of round 2. Outside of that, we have nothing “extra” useful for trade ups than our normal picks. Our extra 4th isn’t worth enough and we don’t have a 6th or 7th either.

If we traded Burns, we easily had the ammo for a trade up, but if we do a trade up now it would severely dampen our ability to add more talent. I’m assuming a trade up would take pick 9, a 2nd and next year’s 1st. That would get us a QB but then we’d have two seconds left to fill a lot of holes the next two drafts.

Hopefully, we get lucky and find a QB late first or early 2nd. SF 3rd/our 4th could move our 2nd to the late 1st. That would still leave us with 9 and our late 2nd.

Yes we do.. 

The 49ers moved up from mid teens to 3 with 3 1st and everybody knew that team could still be good and the picks might be late 1st..

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Not really. We have 1 extra 2nd that’s likely at the end of round 2. Outside of that, we have nothing “extra” useful for trade ups than our normal picks. Our extra 4th isn’t worth enough and we don’t have a 6th or 7th either.

If we traded Burns, we easily had the ammo for a trade up, but if we do a trade up now it would severely dampen our ability to add more talent. I’m assuming a trade up would take pick 9, a 2nd and next year’s 1st. That would get us a QB but then we’d have two seconds left to fill a lot of holes the next two drafts.

Hopefully, we get lucky and find a QB late first or early 2nd. SF 3rd/our 4th could move our 2nd to the late 1st. That would still leave us with 9 and our late 2nd.

whatcu got for the top 5 needs/wants, positions-wise?

4 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I really miss Gruden's old QB Camp show. I'd LOVE to see this year's class (AR15 included) on there.

LOL, im still mad about how they framed Cam and gave me a bad feel..... but i do miss it as well....kurt does his thing thats similar and theres that youtube dude that "loves" every QB....

This class feels like one of biggest difference in ranking QB-wise.  feels like the top 5 are anywhere form 1-200

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Yes we do.. 

The 49ers moved up from mid teens to 3 with 3 1st and everybody knew that team could still be good and the picks might be late 1st..

Thus far, the 49ers look no worse for making that deal even with Lance not working out at all so far. They still are one of the favorites to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

LOL, im still mad about how they framed Cam and gave me a bad feel..... but i do miss it as well....kurt does his thing thats similar and theres that youtube dude that "loves" every QB....

This class feels like one of biggest difference in ranking QB-wise.  feels like the top 5 are anywhere form 1-200

I like Chris Simms' QB breakdown. He picked Coral as his #1 last year. I hope he turns out to be right. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Wolfcop said:

I like Chris Simms' QB breakdown. He picked Coral as his #1 last year. I hope he turns out to be right. 

Yea i forgot about him, his ranking have been fairly good over the years. Couple bad ones, then a few great/correct ones. Honestly he is the best pick for QBs right now.....this years is the toughest in the last 20 some years. 

Just now, Basbear said:

Right now I do not think he makes it to 9th. Fairly strong too- 91.7%

I would think that ONE of the four will make it to 9 (Stroud, Young, AR, Levis).  It's just not that common to have 4 QBs go in the top 8 in what isn't really a loaded QB draft....

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I would think that ONE of the four will make it to 9 (Stroud, Young, AR, Levis).  It's just not that common to have 4 QBs go in the top 8 in what isn't really a loaded QB draft....

I was thinking that only 2 would happen, but not after doing some digging and draft prep. Unlike last year, I do think teams will reach for QBs this year. The issue is theres not a stud group of LTs, DEs, or WRs to force you to overlook the 'weak" QBs....just not a creamy draft and those QBs will benefit.  

28 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Thus far, the 49ers look no worse for making that deal even with Lance not working out at all so far. They still are one of the favorites to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

Yes.. So anybody saying we don’t have the assets to move up are wrong..