• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cardinals fire Kingsbury

UNCrules2187

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

Nobody will care if the Chargers win or perform well in the playoffs.

It isn't just that.

It's been rumored for a while now that the Spanos family isn't happy with him and might want to move on.

If they think they can get Sean Payton, they won't need much of an excuse.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

It isn't just that.

It's been rumored for a while now that the Spanos family isn't happy with him and might want to move on.

If they think they can get Sean Payton, they won't need much of an excuse.

"You played some players for a couple quarters in a meaningless game and none of them missed time in the following playoff game but we're firing you anyway" is going to go over very well with folks lol.

I mean owners are weird beasts so hey...

Just now, mav1234 said:

"You played some players for a couple quarters in a meaningless game and none of them missed time in the following playoff game but we're firing you anyway" is going to go over very well with folks lol.

I mean owners are weird beasts so hey...

People are kind of used to the Spanos family doing stupid sh-t, so I don't know that anybody would be too shocked.

3 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Cardinals should have released Murray instead. Their former HC and former GM will find gainful employment long before the Cardinals are relavent again.

Then again, it's the Cardinals, one of professional sports' most moribund enterprises.

Kingsbury probably gets another college job.

I'm not so sure about Keim getting another NFL job though.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

14 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Cardinals should have released Murray instead. Their former HC and former GM will find gainful employment long before the Cardinals are relavent again.

Then again, it's the Cardinals, one of professional sports' most moribund enterprises.

Well, at nearly the same time they extended Kingsbury, who was in trouble this time last year, they extended Murray, whose future was also in doubt this time last year.

It's brilliant, really.  We should fire the coach and unload the QB, but instead, let's extend both!

• Pie 2
  • The D 1

20 minutes ago, Waldo said:

They are better off without either one but they also just extended both of them and their QB.

I have no idea who would want to work under that ownership or with that QB at this point. 

It has been a poorly run franchise for as long a I've followed the NFL, and hey were the team I grew up rooting for in St. Louis.  Bidwill senior was tight.  His coach and GM could do anything as long as it didn't cost him any money. 

Now his son is running the show and he doesn't seem as tight, but he also seems clueless.  His only upside, if my observation is correct, is he doesn't micromanage the football operations.  But he doesn't seem to be able to identify who can run the football operations, either.

I honestly thought they were going to unload both Kingsbury and Murray after the talk in the dying weeks last year.  You are correct, they would have been better off without them both.

• Beer 2