• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fowler Observer column on coaching hire

raleigh-panther

Wilks is no idiot. 

We know him well enough that he Luke to be aggressive, and dictate to the other team, not just on defense,  but offense too. Which if most fans whom want an offensive minded HC will be honest,  that's what they want with their offense.  

I believe Wilks, with his own staff, can not just be a winning coach, but a Championship coach. 

I know I'm not with the masses on this opinion, but I truly believe it. 

I am, as always, keeping an open mind on whomever Tepper hires.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Wilks is no idiot. 

We know him well enough that he Luke to be aggressive, and dictate to the other team, not just on defense,  but offense too. Which if most fans whom want an offensive minded HC will be honest,  that's what they want with their offense.  

I believe Wilks, with his own staff, can not just be a winning coach, but a Championship coach. 

I know I'm not with the masses on this opinion, but I truly believe it. 

I am, as always, keeping an open mind on whomever Tepper hires.

Why do believe this? I’m curious. I believe he’s a high character guy but isn’t the football brain we would need to get us out of the cellar. Hes Ron Rivera without fielding top defensive units as a coordinator 

• Flames 1

14 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Why do believe this? I’m curious. I believe he’s a high character guy but isn’t the football brain we would need to get us out of the cellar. Hes Ron Rivera without fielding top defensive units as a coordinator 

Because I have these things called eyes. I'm quite the observer.  This allows me to have my own opinions, not based on biased hyper bull. 

Edited by pantherclaw

He has some fine points and some I disagree with.  This is a weird quote though.   "We know already that Wilks would work out. The players respect him and generally want him to return. He grew up in Charlotte and is deeply rooted in the Queen City."

hes pushing the media narrative.  How do we already know he would work out?  He went .500 against one of the easiest schedules in the nfl.  Interim coaches often are really good that year and then fizzle out quickly once hired full time.  But the "we already know that Wilks would work out" quote is such a weird thing to say when you're trying to push your opinion as fact.