• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HC Candidate List

Bear Hands

32 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Kellen Moore has never been on my radar but thinking about it, he has more OC coaching experience then some of the guys on this list, so his track record is longer and he is in a very high pressure environment. 

He would be an intriguing guy to bring in. 

The problem is that he is not a good OC. Dak has regressed under Kellen Moore. Week to week the Cowboys offense is so inconsistent. They ultimately end up relying on their stars and not their game plans to win games.  

A large abundance of Cowboys fans would repeat this exact sentiment. 

• Beer 4

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

The problem is that he is not a good OC. Dak has regressed under Kellen Moore. Week to week the Cowboys offense is so inconsistent. They ultimately end up relying on their stars and not their game plans to win games.  

ok good to know!

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

I didn't think they were good under Scott Linehan either. I also think a lot of the regression is because of players age and being injured so much. 

5 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

I didn't think they were good under Scott Linehan either. I also think a lot of the regression is because of players age and being injured so much. 

Under Scott Liinehan the cowboys had the cowboys a top 10 offense 2 out of his 3 final years. One of those seasons they had the 2nd best offense in the entire league. Not sure how you are attributing Dak's regression to his age... He is 29 and should be on his ascent to his prime as a QB.

36 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Under Scott Liinehan the cowboys had the cowboys a top 10 offense 2 out of his 3 final years. One of those seasons they had the 2nd best offense in the entire league. Not sure how you are attributing Dak's regression to his age... He is 29 and should be on his ascent to his prime as a QB.

They ranked 22nd, 5th, 14th and 22nd in his four seasons. I said injuries combined with age. 

Moore has ranked 1st, 14th, 1st and 11th in his four years. 

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 2

46 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

My outlook on our future based on potential hires:

Optimistic - Johnson, Ryans

Undecided - Steichen, Kafka, Mayo

Content, but pessimistic- Wilks

Disappointed: Dorsey, Reich

Hopeless: Caldwell 

I’d put Steichen in the top row and Reich with Wilks but pretty much sitting the same 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Tank said:

I’d put Steichen in the top row and Reich with Wilks but pretty much sitting the same 

I’d be pretty excited to see how it plays out with Steichen, but I’m undecided based on reading he can be a little awkward. Maybe that’s overblown. 

You’re probably right on Reich.

6 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

Kellen Moore has never been on my radar but thinking about it, he has more OC coaching experience then some of the guys on this list, so his track record is longer and he is in a very high pressure environment. 

He would be an intriguing guy to bring in. 

More time as a coordinator, yeah. But he's got less actual coaching experience than pretty much anybodyHe's only been a coach since 2018