• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar could be gone……Article ahead.

WarPanthers89

1 minute ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Cam was great but we saw the refs let defenders tee off head shots. Cams shoulder gets all the blame but the foot was equally as bad.  I'm not I donating Cam was a mistake just the likelihood of a running QB lasting the entire length of his second contract is akin to the CMC contract 

Cam’s foot is not the reason his skills declined. Cam could no longer throw the ball. He labored throwing anything mid to deep. That is why he’s not in the league now. Cam can still run. We saw it when he came back here. 

10 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Cam’s foot is not the reason his skills declined. Cam could no longer throw the ball. He labored throwing anything mid to deep. That is why he’s not in the league now. Cam can still run. We saw it when he came back here. 

Yes but that foot injury took a year and a half to heal.  I mean Lamar is hurt right now.  Why do you think paying 250 mill guaranteed to a guy who is way more at risk of injury then the average QB is a good idea?  

I get it. It would be exciting to see Jackson in a Panthers uniform but it is not what's in our best interest.

8 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Yes but that foot injury took a year and a half to heal.  I mean Lamar is hurt right now.  Why do you think paying 250 mill guaranteed to a guy who is way more at risk of injury then the average QB is a good idea?  

I get it. It would be exciting to see Jackson in a Panthers uniform but it is not what's in our best interest.

What’s in our best interest?

1. I don’t really want to pursue Lamar. He’s a great player, but I’d prefer to go through the draft and get our elite QB. With this being said; I don’t get your last sentence. 

2. I still don’t understand what we can learn from Cam when it comes to Lamar. Are you trying to say both Cam and Lamar are running QBs? If that’s what you’re saying, stop beating around the bush and say it, also, it isn’t true. Also, Cams foot took a little while, but it came back fully healthy. Cams problem was with his shoulder, an injury that happened while he was in the pocket. His shoulder prevented him from moving on, and is the reason he should retire. 

Edited by AggieLean
  • Pie 1

32 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I'm just saying he is likely to be hurt through this contract. The risk outweighs the reward on this one.  Otherwise Baltimore wouldn't be moving on.

Baltimore doesn’t want to move on. They just don’t want to give him a fully guaranteed contract. I don’t know why y’all are trying to make it like Baltimore is just tossing him to the trash. I guess that better fits your narrative 

Baltimore wants him back 

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

You have to be really sold on Lamar if you give up a massive haul.

If I have my choice, I probably get Derek Carr and keep the picks.

Lamar is obviously better than Carr but is Lamar + the increased money + draft picks better than Carr?

I don't a situation where that math easily works in our favor. It could very well POTENTIALLY end up in our favor.

That's a tough one without knowing the price in advance.

So you going to go the “bargain” route? Sounds familiar. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Icege said:

QB carousel is going to be active again this offseason it looks 😮

• Tom Brady
  • Derek Carr
  • Baker Mayfield
  • Sam Darnold
  • Jimmy Garoppolo
  • Jacoby Brissett
  • Geno Smith
  • Carson Wentz
  • Lamar Jackson?
  • Jared Goff?
  • Matt Ryan?

Goff is under contract until 2024. Why is he on this list?

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, AggieLean said:

What’s in our best interest?

1. I don’t really want to pursue Lamar. He’s a great player, but I’d prefer to go through the draft and get our elite QB. With this being said; I don’t get your last sentence. 

2. I still don’t understand what we can learn from Cam when it comes to Lamar. Are you trying to say both Cam and Lamar are running QBs? If that’s what you’re saying, stop beating around the bush and say it, also, it isn’t true. Also, Cams foot took a little while, but it came back fully healthy. Cams problem was with his shoulder, an injury that happened while he was in the pocket. His shoulder prevented him from moving on, and is the reason he should retire. 

Cam was very physically vulnerable.  The hits accumulated which led to the shortening of his career.  I remember the head shots on him vs the Broncos in week one of the 2016 year. Brutal.   I love Cam. I'm not insinuating drafting Cam was a mistake,  but he was injured much through his second contract.

Edited by TheMaulClaw

1 hour ago, frankw said:

LadyPanther even in here pooing posts over Lamar Jackson lol really? Awkward.

For clarification....I only poo'd 1 post. And that was because in that post I was referred to as "girl". (By the way, AngieLean as gone back and poo'd 2 of my posts so far.  I guess he has a net win)

Because I had an opinion that they did not share, a couple of posters have made derogatory and disparaging  remarks about me. That is a line I decided not to tolerate.

Many of us have differing opinions here.  That is fine. Personal attacks are uncalled for.

My opinion was actually shared by some current and former players and NFL pundits.  As well as shared by other posters. Not everyone agrees, that is fine. We learn from other posters here...some of the time. No one is right all of the time.

So, Frank...I am not pooing posts over Lamar Jackson.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

For clarification....I only poo'd 1 post. And that was because in that post I was referred to as "girl". (By the way, AngieLean as gone back and poo'd 2 of my posts so far.  I guess he has a net win)

Because I had an opinion that they did not share, a couple of posters have made derogatory and disparaging  remarks about me. That is a line I decided not to tolerate.

Many of us have differing opinions here.  That is fine. Personal attacks are uncalled for.

My opinion was actually shared by some current and former players and NFL pundits.  As well as shared by other posters. Not everyone agrees, that is fine. We learn from other posters here...some of the time. No one is right all of the time.

So, Frank...I am not pooing posts over Lamar Jackson.

Personal attacks are uncalled for, yet you personally attacked Lamar Jackson. Your “mysterious illnesses” didn’t go unnoticed, and also called him a quitter for sitting out on a knee that is clearly not healthy. Can’t cry about being attacked when you attack. Lol you think you can just do what you want? And I called out “guys and girl”. I was calling you out, as well as the other guys who said that he was a quitter and he should play injured. You did say he quit, right?

Edited by AggieLean
  • Pie 2

26 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Goff is under contract until 2024. Why is he on this list?

Because his current deal allows him to be cut in order to save the Lions $20.65M in cap space (it was a big reason why when DET was picking in the top 5 that QBs were being mocked to them).

Though now that they're picking 18th, they're less likely to do it but crazier poo has happened.

image.png.8e4db94b9a73548880b99514ad5bb859.png

• Beer 1