• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per Kevin Weeks, Kochetkov Is Headed Back To Chicago

MillionDollarCam

Right call. He hasn't been as bad as his numbers the last few games since coming back from injury but he needs to get back in a groove and needs consistent starts to do that and we can't give them to him with the Canes right now. Freddie is back and playing well, Raanta is fine as a backup and we've been losing with kooch so this is what has to be done

• Pie 2

I mentioned this in the game thread, but hasn't Kochetkov lost his last 5 starts?

Nevermind, I looked it up. He's lost his last 4 starts- 3 in regulation, and last night's SOL.

He'll be needed much more next season than this, unless there's another injury along the way. But look, the Canes have to protect him as he'll be exposed to waiver claims if there's another significant injury and he needs to come back again this season. He only has 16 remaining games of the 38 that will lose his reassignment/waiver protection.

Best try to get things worked out in Chicago and get him in net as much as possible while he's there. Not sure what shook him up, but he's gotta re-engage, just like Maverick after Goose died.....

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Another thing this does is open up a roster spot. The Canes snuck Kase on LTIR a couple weeks ago and I’d be surprised if he returned at all.  So theoretically the Canes could take on a $4.5M contract as long as the team we are trading with retained 50% of the contract.

I bet a trade for another goal scorer is in the works. 

• Pie 2

Koochie probably wasn't thrilled about our guys not being able to clear the puck out of our zone at the end of the game yesterday.

That being said, him going off a little shows he needs to mature a little bit more. 

I hope Andersen is 100% (110% would be even better) and can make a return to last season's form and not the form he was showing earlier this year.  If it's the latter we should all be concerned and realistic about the Canes' chances come playoff time.

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

Koochie probably wasn't thrilled about our guys not being able to clear the puck out of our zone at the end of the game yesterday.

That being said, him going off a little shows he needs to mature a little bit more. 

I hope Andersen is 100% (110% would be even better) and can make a return to last season's form and not the form he was showing earlier this year.  If it's the latter we should all be concerned and realistic about the Canes' chances come playoff time.

I have 2 concerns at this point in the season- the first being Andersen's health and can we keep 2 healthy goalies playing at a higher level than what we've seen thus far. Although Andersen has looked good in his first 2 games back, why do I think it's only a matter of time before he goes down again.

My second concern is the PP. Absolutely atrocious. No need to say anything more there.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

When we went on our 11 game win streak, two things were clicking. 

1.  PP looked good. Not great but we were scoring PP goals. 

2. Goalie play was great. 

in our little slump, both have been sub par.   Fix those 2 things…win the cup. That easy. 

That certainly sounds like a solid plan. Now, let's do it!

Edited by KatsAzz
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2