• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go on record now before the hire is made Re: Sean Payton

GOAT

Go on record now before the hire is made Re: Sean Payton  

225 members have voted

1. 1. If we hire Sean are you still a Panthers fan?

30 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

What? Wow, I had no idea that existed! What if someone bangs a married woman that they have no idea she was married? Could they still be sued? That could get to be a very shaky and gray area it seems like.

It’s a legit law in NC. Not every state has it. I’m not a lawyer, but I think it’s a civil thing and not a criminal lawsuit. You can google the Fletcher Cox thing if you want. He was def trying to seduce a married woman and he didn’t give AF and the husband caught her sending dirty texts and lawyered up. I’m sure Cox  wrote him a check for like 50k and he dropped the suit. 

1 hour ago, YourLastThought said:

There are a bunch of people who say they will "quit the team" with every move that is made if it is made. None ever quit and they are always back. It is their way of appearing to be tough and hardcore like they are drawing a line in the sand. I dont know one of these people that have ever actually quit being a fan who has threatened it over a move the team makes. They will be here bitching next year in week one anyhow so I never take them seriously

If people react that way they need to take a breath. Step away from being a fan and just go do something else. I never cared about who was the coach until Rivera. Honestly I think people, including myself, area bit to involved and care a bit too much about someone like a HC. 

As long as they win they could be coached by whoever or whatever, imo.

23 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

If people react that way they need to take a breath. Step away from being a fan and just go do something else. I never cared about who was the coach until Rivera. Honestly I think people, including myself, area bit to involved and care a bit too much about someone like a HC. 

As long as they win they could be coached by whoever or whatever, imo.

People who go to the effort of being on this site are not representative run of the mill fans.  To that end you could say we all take it a little too seriously

But I have to respect folks that have their own "red lines" of things the org could do that would cause them to stop tuning in at this level.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I think y'all are stressing over nothing because he's not coming here.  

It just won't happen. Tepper is probably blinded by the shiny and he'll throw his heart and everything out there to get him, but it will either be too late or he'll just go with someone he really wants to be with. 

Tepper and the Panthers just won't be what he's looking for and if Tepper gets too eager, I've got to think that Fitt or someone reels him back in and keeps him from selling the farm for him. 

9 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

People who go to the effort of being on this site are not representative run of the mill fans.  To that end you could say we all take it a little too seriously

But I have to respect folks that have their own "red lines" of things the org could do that would cause them to stop tuning in at this level.

Thing is those red lines are usually false and most people never actually follow them. 

If someone is going to quit being a Panthers fan over Sean Payton it's rather melodramatic but I guess do you. It probably isn't even going to happen. But if I were going to throw in the towel it wouldn't be over this. Been through plenty worse as a Panthers fan this is nothing.