• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

11 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Nobody wanted us and nobody else wanted Wilks. We got each other though. 6-11 for life. Everyone better get on the mediocre bus now before it takes off.

I'm outski, bro. That's just self inflicted wounds at that point. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

I actually like this idea. As I said, my ideal scenario at this point is HC Wilkes, OC Reich, and DC Fangio (though I realize he is less likely). Another awesome DC hire would be Evero if their new coach does not want him (also unlikely). 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

11 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Frank Reich shouldn't have been fired from the Colts. That organization is a mess from the top down and the fact he had the success he did after Luck unexpectedly retired was a miracle. He will need a strong DC to create a competitive team though. Eberflus had that defense humming and the main reason the team sucked in 2022 aside from Matt Ryan being washed out was their defense took a hard fall from grace. 

That said, Frank Reich just feels like a bland hire. Won't excite the fanbase, but might produce results on the field. Best thing he has going for him is he might have a good chance to develop a rookie QB. 

Reich could be for us what Doug Pederson has been for Jacksonville. All we’d need is a young talented QB.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

FYI: Albert Breer said in his latest mail bag that Jim Caldwell interviewed well here too.

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a second as well, especially with Payton likely being out and his interview being good. 

I think it's pretty much down to the grouping of experienced HC's. 

Which is kinda what I expected when the search started. 

• Pie 2

Just now, carpanfan96 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a second as well, especially with Payton likely being out and his interview being good. 

I think it's pretty much down to the grouping of experienced HC's. 

Which is kinda what I expected when the search started. 

To be fair, we don't know for certain that Payton is out.

The Panthers seem to be keeping a pretty tight lid on things.

• Beer 1