• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Championship Game Thread

Shocker

19 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

You guys are amusing with this tinfoil hat crap.  I look over it when we are playing, figure its just fans taking things hard.  But when its two random teams?   Wow.  NFL doesn't give a crap who wins.  They make a boat load of money off of either team.  

The ref's didn't cheat the Bengals.  They didn't score when they had the chance.  Most of the penalty calls were legit, but there were a few that were questionable.  Always are.     

It's only fixed when your team loses.

They did a sh-t job. It happens.

• Pie 2

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

It's only fixed when your team loses.

They did a sh-t job. It happens.

Agreed.

I will say that the possibility exist that a ref could be influenced by gamblers.  It has happened in the past, and could happen in the future.  Maybe even two could be influenced. But this was just another game with some questionable calls.  Nothing else to it.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Agreed.

I will say that the possibility exist that a ref could be influenced by gamblers.  It has happened in the past, and could happen in the future.  Maybe even two could be influenced. But this was just another game with some questionable calls.  Nothing else to it.  

51E19724-4642-4686-A779-1FA2D702B0A1.png.e23a9bca12e5ce4cfb9563db7673f87d.png

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

You are talking to a guy who thinks that Duke and UNC get all the calls.  

But in the end ref's are human.  They make mistakes, and I do think on occasion that they get influenced by the crowd, or other factors.  And in the case you are referring to, they screwed up.  They admitted they screwed up.  They are probably going to get ripped by the NFL for it.  But to suspect that there is some ulterior or on the take over that call or the others is baseless.  

I understand refs make mistakes, but we are talking about a type of mistake I don't think any NFL ref has ever made.... And they should absolutely get ripped by the NFL for it and never be allowed officiate another playoff game in their careers. And honestly, they should probably be on some type of probation and if they make another mistake of that magnitude, they never ref another NFL game again.

It's one thing to screw up a PI call, it's another thing to give a team a free play for no reason whatsoever. I can't believe Zac Taylor didn't throw a water bottle or something at them for that level of ineptitude.