• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is your unpopular opinion?

Cdparr7

That until we find a franchise QB we will be irrelevant. You would think this is actually a popular opinion but there are actually human beings who don't think going after Bridgewager, Darnold and Baker were bad moves even in hindsight. 

Matt Rhule set this franchise back YEARS with his terrible management and decision making. Again this should be a popular opinion but it is debated

4 hours ago, SOJA said:

That until we find a franchise QB we will be irrelevant. You would think this is actually a popular opinion but there are actually human beings who don't think going after Bridgewager, Darnold and Baker were bad moves even in hindsight. 

Matt Rhule set this franchise back YEARS with his terrible management and decision making. Again this should be a popular opinion but it is debated

So the popular opinion is to double down on that.

Got a couple..

-Jake Delhomme is still very overrated in our franchise and should have been replaced BEFORE his Tommy John injury

-We fudged over DeAngelo Williams' career (Sat him behind Deshaun Foster for 2 years/wasted his prime behind Tommy Jone Delhomme and Jimmy Clausen)

-Julius Peppers is the best Panthers player 

-Chris Gamble is extremely underappreciated; top 4 Panthers player ever

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, AceMan said:

Got a couple..

-Jake Delhomme is still very overrated in our franchise and should have been replaced BEFORE his Tommy John injury

-We fudged over DeAngelo Williams' career (Sat him behind Deshaun Foster for 2 years/wasted his prime behind Tommy Jone Delhomme and Jimmy Clausen)

-Julius Peppers is the best Panthers player 

-Chris Gamble is extremely underappreciated; top 4 Panthers player ever

I can get behind this. 

Delhomme in the 4th quarter was his saving grace though. 

F1588F60-5506-4ACC-8F0A-17EB9530F7AB.jpeg

• Beer 2

5 hours ago, SOJA said:

Actually Tepper set this franchise back and not just with Rhule. With Hurney and now with Rhule’s GM. Also with himself. He thinks he can make decisions. He can’t.

This is LITERALLY what the 49ers went through until the owner stepped back and hired help, and took hands off approach.

I mean Tepper literally just had a vote for his HC…including severely under qualified people when considering qualifications for hiring a HC. And that’s being nice.

You would think THIS would be a popular opinion but I’ve learned a majority of this board only watches the Panthers and are in a tunnel, and that change from when they do bad is always a good thing and brings hope. Even when it’s from the same source. 

Hope isn’t a strategy though and general NFL enthusiasts know until Tep takes his hands off, it’s not good. The fact moves like keeping Rhule’s GM are a good idea and Tepper is going to turn around the ship on his own despite solidifying the worst stretch in 30 years  is not even debated but given the benefit of the doubt/accepted as truth absolutely dumbfounds me.

And thus, we need a franchise QB so badly to bail us out. This is why my opinion has changed from not wanting to trade assets to trading the future and move up for one.

Edited by onmyown
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

Actually Tepper set this franchise back and not just with Rhule. With Hurney and now with Rhule’s GM. Also with himself. He thinks he can make decisions. He can’t.

This is LITERALLY what the 49ers went through until the owner stepped back and hired help, and took hands off approach.

I mean Tepper literally just had a vote for his HC…including severely under qualified people when considering qualifications for hiring a HC. And that’s being nice.

You would think THIS would be a popular opinion but I’ve learned a majority of this board only watches the Panthers and are in a tunnel, and that change from when they do bad is always a good thing and brings hope. Even when it’s from the same source. 

Hope isn’t a strategy though and general NFL enthusiasts know until Tep takes his hands off, it’s not good. The fact moves like keeping Rhule’s GM are a good idea and Tepper is going to turn around the ship on his own despite solidifying the worst stretch in 30 years  is not even debated but given the benefit of the doubt/accepted as truth absolutely dumbfounds me.

I think a lot of Scott’s sins were hidden behind Rhule’s incompetence. Wouldn’t be surprised if they show themselves more this offseason. The question is will Scott get the axe before he takes Reich down with him.

10 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

I think a lot of Scott’s sins were hidden behind Rhule’s incompetence. Wouldn’t be surprised if they show themselves more this offseason. The question is will Scott get the axe before he takes Reich down with him.

Indeed, we will see and it will probably take two seasons, but Fitt is and was hired as a yes man. Clearly. A GM worth his salt isn’t going to say yea I’ll come work for a CEO Baylor coach and just do the paperwork. 

Tepper can bark all day long about how he loves people who argue/disagree with him but he 100% does NOT. That is why Harbaugh and Payton are not his type of coaches. Too vocal. Too knowledgeable.

Nevertheless, I digress, getting the axe before Reich just starts the whole cycle over again. And by cycle I mean Tepper’s embarrassing assbackward dynamic of owner/GM/coach.

Owners hire GMs with help and insight and the GM hires the HC, HC hires staff. That’s normal.

Hurney hires Rhule, Rhule hired Fitt, now we have Fitt hiring Reich (actually I think a bunch of people voted on it really) and if Fit goes what’s next? Lol more shenanigans from path maker Tepper and co.

Edited by onmyown