• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would you give the bears for #1 pick

Jmac

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Rumors are the new Bears GM is not in love with Fields. 

Colin Cowherd said at the end of his show he has a source within the Bears front office and they will try to trade Fields.

That would shake up the whole draft because im guessing one of those teams that need a QB will try and trade for Fields.

Im guessing we will go after Fields especially if the Bears take Stroud or Young #1.

Burns/#9 for Fields should get it done.

Wouldn't that be embarrassing for us?  The QB that was sitting there two years ago and we should have drafted in the first place.  With that said I would still love for him to be a Panther.

9 minutes ago, ncfan said:

726976A2-27BE-4432-913A-86F8C76669D4.jpeg

5719101A-E537-4F78-8B42-5089261600FB.jpeg

For what it's worth it is officially smokescreen season and that HC and GM very well could be guys with their eye on a particular QB or another one and throw this out there to get other GMs/HCs further questioning themselves. That type of thing absolutely happens in draft season, a lot. 

I think overall this QB class has concerns but Young and Stroud are both solid prospects and worth taking a shot on in the top 5-10 picks. Levis and Richardson have upside but are big bust candidates too.

3 minutes ago, t96 said:

9th overall, 2024 1st, 2023 2nd (ours), 2023 3rd (49ers). Probably not any more than that and I don't think that would get it done.

We'd be without our 1st next year (but hopefully it would be late with us making the playoffs with the boosts that Reich and Stroud give us in this crappy division). And this year we'd still have a 2nd round pick and a 4th and two 5ths. Not terrible...

Yeah the CMC picks plus next year's first basically.  I would be ok with that, but like you said I doubt they take that offer....

6 minutes ago, t96 said:

For what it's worth it is officially smokescreen season and that HC and GM very well could be guys with their eye on a particular QB or another one and throw this out there to get other GMs/HCs further questioning themselves. That type of thing absolutely happens in draft season, a lot. 

I think overall this QB class has concerns but Young and Stroud are both solid prospects and worth taking a shot on in the top 5-10 picks. Levis and Richardson have upside but are big bust candidates too.

And what that HC/GM said in the article actually happened.  Only 1 QB taken in the 1st 2 rounds.  None in the top 20.

Levis and Richardson had top 20 grades by a majority of before “smokescreen season” started this week.

Edited by ncfan

In a perfect world you trade for the number 1 pick before free agency starts. Then you know exactly what you have and how to set up free agency. I’d offer three first round picks and give them a week to respond. Then we still have two second rounders and one third rounder this year to surround the rookie QB with additional weapons. There is no way that happens, but that’s how I would do it if possible.

23 minutes ago, ncfan said:

And what that HC/GM said in the article actually happened.  Only 1 QB taken in the 1st 2 rounds.  None in the top 20.

Levis and Richardson had top 20 grades by a majority of before “smokescreen season” started this week.

huh? the draft hasn't happened yet

33 minutes ago, t96 said:

huh? the draft hasn't happened yet

Thought you were mentioning the quote in the article from last year.

again Levis, Stroud, Young, and Richardson were top 20 grades before this post season smoke started.  I’d look more into the “scouts starting to not like Levi’s due to missing senior bowl” as more smoke starting which you saw come out this week.  Those things generally start ramping up at these all star games when scouts and GMs start gathering together at events

Edited by ncfan