• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Scheme

ericr0319

If we go to 3-4 expect Anderson to come back. Guys like him are key to that 4 Technique. We have the edge rushers but need 2 solid ILBs. With Thompson likely a cap casualty and Luvu probably playing the edge opposite Burns there are 2 glaring holes. 

Will also need a solid Zero Technique. Not exactly Browns ideal spot. 

4 hours ago, Mage said:

Lol right. Luvu also makes way more sense as an ILB. He’s not an edge rusher in a 3-4, but he would be a good be a great blitzer from the inside. 

That's my only differing opinion with Kaye in the first page.   I was thinking Luvu is more ILB than EDGE.  Is he more off-ball LB or a pass rusher? I'd have to think the former right?  

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

That's my only differing opinion with Kaye in the first page.   I was thinking Luvu is more ILB than EDGE.  Is he more off-ball LB or a pass rusher? I'd have to think the former right?  

I've seen more than one person suggest that Jeremy Chinn might make an ideal 3-4 inside backer.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I've seen more than one person suggest that Jeremy Chinn might make an ideal 3-4 inside backer.

He's the one I'm having a hard time placing.  

Evero by all accounts is a more blitz-friendly Fangio.  The Denver players said his defense was very close in language and calls.  But those shell concepts w/split safeties don't have a Chinn-type role.  He'd almost HAVE to play ILB right?  The Fangio schemes don't have the buffalo nickel types unless I'm mistaken. 

Problem is, if he gets pigeon-holed to hybrid looks where it is incorporated, does his snap count go down? Does where he's playing become a tell for opposing offenses? Lots of questions with Chinn.  

Could Chinn & Luvu realistically be the ILBs? Or is that too unconventional given their strengths/weaknesses?  I would LOVE to hear Evero's vision for Chinn because I'm just having a hard time placing him.  I won't act like I really know THAT much & how it will roll out, but looking at Denver and then historically, makes me really interested in how he fits more than anything else.  

My guess at the base:

Woods   New Deep S

Horn                                       Jackson

Chinn?      Luvu

Haynes                               Burns                                 

Brown    NT     3-4DE

• Beer 1

I think a lot of folks are sleeping on Marquand McCall.

At 6'3" 344lbs he's prototypical size for a NT. The kid showed quite a few flashes as  rookie. Honestly more than some DTs we've drafted. 

And usually it takes till year 3 before they're hitting their stride. So I'm excited to see happens next season.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

At 6'3" 344lbs he's prototypical size for a NT. The kid showed quite a few flashes as  rookie. Honestly more than some DTs we've drafted. 

And usually it takes till year 3 before they're hitting their stride. So I'm excited to see happens next season.

Yeah some people are buggin. We needed another DE and DT either way. 3-4 we'll actually get to use Haynes/Barno/Smith/ in rotation at OLB rather than sitting on the bench. McCall will get double teamed to free up Brown and the other DE. Roy isn't horrible but Those T-rex arms aren't gonna get it done at NT. I'd rather just get the Baylor stench off the team and get someone else with the prototypical size to rotate with McCall

2 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

yeah  i'm interested  as well to see what McCall  might develop into one day as a finished product.

the kid seems to have a tremendously big motor for a big fella ...

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah some people are buggin. We needed another DE and DT either way. 3-4 we'll actually get to use Haynes/Barno/Smith/ in rotation at OLB rather than sitting on the bench. McCall will get double teamed to free up Brown and the other DE. Roy isn't horrible but Those T-rex arms aren't gonna get it done at NT. I'd rather just get the Baylor stench off the team and get someone else with the prototypical size to rotate with McCall

I'll be honest, I forgot about a few guys we have on the squad haha.

Brandon Smith could fit in nicely & McCall could definitely be a NT (at the least a viable backup)

LB Damien Wilson is still here on contract, unsure if he's viewed as a guy they want to stick around but he's on the books.   He was a mixed bag. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I thought we were done and you said this:

Take the Eagles... last year they couldnt get to the QB, and then this year they go get defensive line talent and have the deepest dline in the NFL. 

You don’t have to indulge me anymore but at least don’t move the goal posts. You mentioned 3 DTs who had a combined 1.5 sacks as mainly backups. My point is still 100% value that the only “get to the QB” guy they added was Reddick as Graham was hurt. Graham, Sweat, Cox and Hargrave were their pass rushers and all 4 jumped up in performance with the addition of Reddick and health of Graham.

We absolutely retooled our OL with 4 new starters more than Philly did with their pass rush. Sorry, but I don’t think I said anything incorrect because I wasn’t worrying about backup DTs who didn’t change the get to QB and averaged 17% snaps. It would be like saying Anderson, McCall and Roy were important to our pass rush. Those guys played more % snap counts than Suh, Joseph and Davis.

WTF man, do I have to indulge you when you talk about pass rush and bring up 3 backs ups with 1.5 total sacks?

I was done. We sent these at the exact same time for when we agreed to be done. So let's move on. My apologies, but I didnt read this whole post... I am sure there are good points... but we have better things to discuss.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I'll be honest, I forgot about a few guys we have on the squad haha.

Brandon Smith could fit in nicely & McCall could definitely be a NT (at the least a viable backup)

LB Damien Wilson is still here on contract, unsure if he's viewed as a guy they want to stick around but he's on the books.   He was a mixed bag. 

Wilson needs to be cut goneskies