• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“They had other plans”

ncfan

4 hours ago, ncfan said:

Didn’t Rhule have roster control too?  He tell one of his own guys he isn’t OOU?

I said it last year, that we needed to give him a deal early to extend him.  It wasn't a fluke.  

And now look at him and us...  we are shifting to a 3-4 and imagine having him and Burns rushing off the edge in that, with a young guy like Barno developing behind them.  

Rhule was a directionless, bumbling fuging idiot.  So many of those moves seems like a power struggle in hindsight.  Acquiring guys like Reddick and Gilmore, only for Rhule to oust them because the idea didn't originate with him so he had to show everyone how smart he was without them.  I hate that fuging guy.

Best of luck to Hasson for the rest of his career.  I'll always appreciate what he did here and I anticipate him being a regular double-digit sack guy for the foreseeable future.

3 hours ago, frankw said:

Meh he knows he wanted to leave and go to a contending team and he has a connection to Philly. He was vocal about his aggravation with the team at times on Twitter that season too. He's in a better situation which is what he wanted. Enjoy the moment it might not come around again take it from us.

According to some on this board, we are a contending team and outside players and coaches who want a ring are looking our way.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Said it elsewhere: That whole experience doesn't even feel real now.

It's like a bad, bad dream 😕

But it's still unfathomable how long Tepper just sat on his hands when EVERYONE knew how bad it/he was.  Yeah, it's telling when pros' pros like Teddy or a Cam come out of character and tell us how bad the guy is, but when almost every fan knows it too?  And your owner still brings him back for another year?  Yikes.

I keep thinking back to that fan that had the "Fire Rhule" Sign at that game at the end of Rhule's second year and Tepper smugly said something along the lines of "you're gonna be disappointed" or some jackass remark to him.   And yet, look who ended up bring on the right side of that exchange.  It's just embarrassing looking back.

But, all I can hope for is that it brought us to this divine intervention and all of that happened to allow the current pieces to fall into place as they have, because had we canned him at the end of year two like we all wanted, I don't know that Reich, Evero, etc. would end up here.

Edited by Proudiddy

10 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

But it's still unfathomable how long Tepper just sat on his hands when EVERYONE knew how bad it/he was.  Yeah, it's telling when pros' pros like Teddy or a Cam come out of character and tell us how bad the guy is, but when almost every fan knows it too?  And your owner still brings him back for another year?  Yikes.

I keep thinking back to that fan that had the "Fire Rhule" Sign at that game at the end of Rhule's second year and Tepper smugly said something along the lines of "you're gonna be disappointed" or some jackass remark to him.   And yet, look who ended up bring on the right side of that exchange.  It's just embarrassing looking back.

But, all I can hope for is that it brought us to this divine intervention and all of that happened to allow the current pieces to fall into place as they have, because had we canned him at the end of year two like we all wanted, I don't know that Reich, Evero, etc. would end up here.

I think the remark was something along the lines of questioning whether the fan had been drinking.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think the remark was something along the lines of questioning whether the fan had been drinking.

Yup, that was it.  I certainly hope this whole experience has humbled him since then.

And I do think the process for which they arrived at Reich and some of Tepper's comments recently point to that being the case.

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Yup, that was it.  I certainly hope this whole experience has humbled him since then.

And I do think the process for which they arrived at Reich and some of Tepper's comments recently point to that being the case.

Like taking himself out of the final vote?