• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr exploring options

Mr. Scot

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I like Derek Carr but I gotta admit I wouldn't be that thrilled if we signed him and I'd be pissed if we traded for him. It's time we jump off the vet retread carousel.

I kinda feel like we would just be the Titans. We may win 11 games each season but we will always lose to a better team in the playoffs. 

I'm not a big fan of Carr. I don't have a dislike for him either. I'm sort of indifferent exactly. But, I think it's pretty evident that he's better than any QB we've had since Cam's last healthy season (2017). We probably would have won our division by a couple of games last year if Carr had put up the numbers he had in Las Vegas last season. (24 TD, 14 TDs, 3,522yds and passer rating of 86.3). If we somehow ended up signing him, I wouldn't be thrilled...but I wouldn't jump off of a cliff either. He'd immediately be the best QB in our putrid division. Under the guidance of Reich, McCown, and whoever we hire at OC I think we'd be the odds on favorite to win our division in 2023, which would guarantee us a home playoff game.

5 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

I'm not a big fan of Carr. I don't have a dislike for him either. I'm sort of indifferent exactly. But, I think it's pretty evident that he's better than any QB we've had since Cam's last healthy season (2017). We probably would have won our division by a couple of games last year if Carr had put up the numbers he had in Las Vegas last season. (24 TD, 14 TDs, 3,522yds and passer rating of 86.3). If we somehow ended up signing him, I wouldn't be thrilled...but I wouldn't jump off of a cliff either. He'd immediately be the best QB in our putrid division. Under the guidance of Reich, McCown, and whoever we hire at OC I think we'd be the odds on favorite to win our division in 2023, which would guarantee us a home playoff game.

Im with you. My issue with him is two different offense "gurus" have had their hands on him....... reports were neither cared for him. He never had the help needed, since he enter the NFL raiders defense ranked 32nd. OL has been poor, along spotty STs. Yes he did have all-world walker, whom carr helped. Jones is good RB too, but much of weapons came late. 

To me hes a less lucky Cousins, upper mid....

4 minutes ago, Steelo Senpai said:

Carr isn’t terrible, SIGNED as a FA leaves our flexibility. Wouldn’t love it but also not pounding the table for it to happen. He performed better with less which leads me to believe, as I believed before, that ole Josh McD isn’t the offensive guru he’s cracked up to be 🤷🏾‍♂️

The Belichick coaching tree is a Charlie Brown Christmas tree.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yes, so much of this. Mind you, I believe it to go both ways. Not saying we should sign him so NO doesn’t or anything crazy like that BUT NO landing him somehow will diminish any breathing room for growing pains with the new regime. Have to get our next move at QB 1000% correct. 

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Mike Varbel is as good as any HC currently. B O B before he got GM duties was 2x playoffs and i thinks hes still got a winning record. Not the pros, but Nick Saban is the greatest college HC and still going top 4 strong. 

Now the others are petty bad, though Flores was on good path....

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Mike Varbel is as good as any HC currently. B O B before he got GM duties was 2x playoffs and i thinks hes still got a winning record. Not the pros, but Nick Saban is the greatest college HC and still going top 4 strong. 

Now the others are petty bad, though Flores was on good path....

I honestly forgot Vrabel was a Belichick guy. Yeah, he gets credit for that. Yeah, Saban was his DC in Cleveland but the vast majority of his experience is at the college level.