• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade 9 for Fields - straight up?

musicman

Bears aren't trading Fields.   The problem in Chicago isn't Fields.   That's like watching Trevor his rookie year and thinking he was the problem with the Jags. 

They are going to take a king's ransom for the #1 pick.   Young and Stroud aren't actually much different prospects entering the draft than Fields was.   And unlike Young and Stroud, the Bears knows Fields can be huge playmaker at this level.  Which isn't known about the draft picks.  Fields just needs to be in a good O scheme with weapons.....and just to continue developing. 

I mean, it does take commitment from an org to want to build around the type QB Fields is.  Not all want to do that.  Which is the real question.  It's like Cam or Hurts or Lamar or even Allen to an extent.   

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

I am really confused, do people think teams trade what they think is a franchise QB for the chance at another franchise QB? While the first one is on his rookie deal? 

The Bears wanting to trade him should throw big flags for people. 

Bears have indicated the pick is for sale.  Not Fields. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Varking said:

1. The Bears aren’t going to trade Fields. 
2. If the Bears were trying to trade Fields I don’t believe a single first rounder is going to do it for a multitude of reasons. The Bears moved up to get him. So they invested multiple picks. He has improved as a passer despite his lack of weapons around him. He has shown he might be the top runner in all of football which will allow him more time to develop as a passer. He got an MVP vote this year. 
3. if we could have Fields going into his year 3 for just the #9 overall pick that would be a steal for us and I’d do it in a heartbeat. 
4. It wouldn’t make sense from a team standpoint for the Bears. Are you a better team with Stroud, Levis, Young or Richardson plus another player at 9 Vs Fields plus all the additional picks you get could for trading down one or two times? 

Does it make sense for us? Yes. Does it make sense for the Bears? No. 

At least someone understands the NFL on here. 

• Pie 5

I mean it's cheaper than trading up, but I don't like it at all. It's one thing to sign a Carr and then draft a rookie, wherever that may be... It's another to trade that first pick you would draft a rookie with and trade for a still unproven third-year QB.  I like what Fields showed last year, but we still don't know what he is, exactly. 

What I don't think he is right now, is worthy of the 9th overall pick.  I'd rather sign a vet and draft a rookie.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I mean it's cheaper than trading up, but I don't like it at all. It's one thing to sign a Carr and then draft a rookie, wherever that may be... It's another to trade that first pick you would draft a rookie with and trade for a still unproven third-year QB.  I like what Fields showed last year, but we still don't know what he is, exactly. 

What I don't think he is right now, is worthy of the 9th overall pick.  I'd rather sign a vet and draft a rookie.

I think we should make a move for Stroud.  Sign Jacoby Brissett.   Roll with Stroud, Brissett, and Corral. 

and see where you can get Stroud.  If you can get him close just go ahead and start the growing process.  If he isn't ready, you open the year w/ Brissett.   Brissett makes the most sense to be the vet leader in what I assume will be Frank's O more so than whatever OC we bring in. 

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think we should make a move for Stroud.  Sign Jacoby Brissett.   Roll with Stroud, Brissett, and Corral. 

and see where you can get Stroud.  If you can get him close just go ahead and start the growing process.  If he isn't ready, you open the year w/ Brissett.   Brissett makes the most sense to be the vet leader in what I assume will be Frank's O more so than whatever OC we bring in. 

Stroud is the safest pick that could be anywhere from a Goff to a Burrow IMO.  If you are gambling on just potential like a Josh Allen pick you take AR.  I think Stroud should be priority one and if we can't trade up to acquire him without giving up too much AR at 9 should be the backup plan.  Getting a big TE in the 2nd and/or FA to help either of them develop should be a high priority as well.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah...  I was all in for Carr and then drafting Stroud/AR/Hooker, but the more stuff that has come out about what Carr is looking for money-wise, I think a guy like Brissett plus rookie is much more ideal for what we're trying to do

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Stroud is the safest pick that could be anywhere from a Goff to a Burrow IMO.  If you are gambling on just potential like a Josh Allen pick you take AR.  I think Stroud should be priority one and if we can't trade up to acquire him without giving up too much AR at 9 should be the backup plan.  Getting a big TE in the 2nd and/or FA to help either of them develop should be a high priority as well.

My thoughts as well.  I really like AR's potential, so I'm leaning towards sitting st 9 and keeping our picks and supplementing the rest of the roster with them, but in Reich I trust.

• Beer 1