• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr’s destination betting odds

ncfan

7 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Carr is Cousins level. Meaning he shrinks during big games and often commits terrible mistakes at the worst of times or just disappears from the game entirely. If that is what the team wants then so be it. At least we’ll make the playoffs but always get beat in the playoffs. Vikings of the NFC South. 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/derek_carr_somehow_owns_several_clutch_records/s1_16892_37619578#:~:text=The NFL on CBS Twitter,(23) in the NFL.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/comeback.cgi?player=CarrDe02

The data disagrees.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Carr is Cousins level. Meaning he shrinks during big games and often commits terrible mistakes at the worst of times or just disappears from the game entirely. If that is what the team wants then so be it. At least we’ll make the playoffs but always get beat in the playoffs. Vikings of the NFC South. 

QBs play a lot better when their team has a strong defense (so they don't have to constantly take risks coming from behind).  Carr has had to deal with a Raiders defense that has ranked in the lower half of the league since he was drafted.  He played lights out in 2021 with numerous last minute come from behind victories.  Give Carr a decent defense and he is a Top Ten QB.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I feel like a lot of people pooing on Carr haven't watched him play.  I have since college and he is an elite QB.  The Raiders are a trainwreck organization.

Whats the over/under of HCs in his 9 years? 20?!?!? How many OC and different system during??? I think at one point he had 3 different HCs within 8 months or something crazy.... IF not for the brown, raiders would be the punchline of alll the jokes. Now its a race between raiders, cards, and colts....

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wouldn't hate it even though I'm admittedly very tired of the retread carousel. I do like Carr and I honestly think he's a borderline top 10 QB in this league.

#9 is likely too far down the board to get the QB we want so we're left with either pursuing a costly trade up or chasing Derek Carr. Might as well make a run at Carr first.

Or trade our entire future for Lamar. That's the route I definitely wouldn't go.

If we go Carr 3-4 years max and really give Corral a good long look the next two preseasons. I honestly want Stroud the more I see and read but the cost to get him might not be worth it. 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, TJKJ23xx said:

Zay Flowers looks the best imo but Johnston has the most potential if he can put it all together. 

Idk where he's projected, but I watched a piece from Smitty on Zay, and I'm all in on him.  Dude sold me.  He is going to be a serious problem in the league as he has so many translatable skills that just pop.  

• Pie 1

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Idk where he's projected, but I watched a piece from Smitty on Zay, and I'm all on on him.  Dude sold me.  He is going to be a serious problem in the league as he has so many translatable skills that just pop.  

I’ve seen him any where from top 15 to early 2nd but yea he looks like he will be the next cream of the crop WR in the NFL. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

He didn’t seem that elite this year. 

He also had a crappy situation with an idiot HC.

The last couple years have been incredibly unstable there and he's had to carry that franchise without any grown up help.

McDaniels is a nutcase. Raiders is the perfect team for him.

• Pie 3