• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

#1 CJ Trade

razorwolf

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm not sure it's a league rule for certain but it has something to do with making the future pick be determined on the trading teams record and not the team it was originally traded from or some weird accounting trick.

I’ve never heard of any rule like that. The Texans traded pick 13 that they got from CLE for Watson in last years draft. 

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

If these teams ahead of us are smart they don’t take back a bunch of picks in this draft from the Panthers to move down.  This is a weak draft and if I am taking calls from the Panthers I want premium players or very high picks like 9, 40 or next years best picks in return 

I agree this is an overall weaker draft.  Some of the better RB and TEs groups I've seen in a while.  EDGE & DL is good, buuuut the OL, LB, WR, & a few others leave a lot to be desired.  Not particularly deep at QB, IOL, OT, WR, LB, 4-3 DEs 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Interesting....getting Stroud without trading up would be outstanding.

That doesn't surprise me that he's not ahead of those 2. I does surprise me that AR could go before Stroud.  I've seen them ranked very closely together though so who knows. 

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

That doesn't surprise me that he's not ahead of those 2. I does surprise me that AR could go before Stroud.  I've seen them ranked very closely together though so who knows. 

Who is this guy? Someone who just woke up one day with sources? It’s amazing how people can start a social media account and become instantly legit. 

And like 95% of information this time of year, if it was told to someone, there is a purpose behind it. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Who is this guy? Someone who just woke up one day with sources? It’s amazing how people can start a social media account and become instantly legit. 

And like 95% of information this time of year, if it was told to someone, there is a purpose behind it. 

You're asking me? I don't know who he is and sure he's pulling things out of his ass. He just stating the obvious right now. Everything is a smokescreen until the draft. I'm going off the player rankings just like everyone else and right now in the eyes of the so called professionals there's little difference between Stroud and AR.  Don't blame me blame the scouts. 

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

You're asking me? I don't know who he is and sure he's pulling things out of his ass. He just stating the obvious right now. Everything is a smokescreen until the draft. I'm going off the player rankings just like everyone else and right now in the eyes of the so called professionals there's little difference between Stroud and AR.  Don't blame me blame the scouts. 

Nah? Just in general. I’ve been ranting on this for years. 

I think “self-proclaimed” professionals would be more accurate. Anyone who thinks Stroud and AR are in the same zip code is questionable in my book. And I’m not completely sold on Stroud. But him and Young should become too 15 QBs. AR and Levi’s will get coaches/GMs fired. 

Edited by Toomers
  • Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Nah? Just in general. I’ve been ranting on this for years. 

I think “self-proclaimed” professionals would be more accurate. Anyone who thinks Stroud and AR are in the same zip code is questionable in my book. And I’m not completely sold on Stroud. But him and Young should become too 15 QBs. AR and Levi’s will get coaches/GMs fired. 

I agree on the so called professionals. I never listen to me media blowhards about anything.  Some of the retired players and scouts can be fairly close on their rankings but they are not perfect.  You can use those guys to get a general sense of where these kids are viewed initially but it varies. You can get an overall average ranking if you average the better ones. It's all just a guess anyway. 

5 hours ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

A lot of timid fans on this board who are content with mediocrity, it seems. The same thing happened back in 2011 when half the board wanted us to draft Marcel Dareus over Cam Newton because of the risk involved.

They were wrong then. They're wrong now. Go get your franchise QB.

Cam was one of a kind. There is no Cam Newton in this draft.

• Pie 2