• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go for Carr hard and save #9 pick?

Jmac

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Pretty high and again, I...don't...care.  FYI, busts generally only apply to first rounders...little technicality there. I want to sit out this draft--entirely--at QB, but would be okay with a slight move up for one of the top two.   You are saying the first rounders are better than 3rd rounders, up is not down and cats don't like dogs or some silly thing like that.

Higher then the bust rate of 1st round QBs but you already know that.. 

I don’t think the team is sitting out this year QB class and made the right preparations to make a swing.. So I’m cool with whatever decision they make .. 

I’m saying water is wet and fish can swim and generally 1st round QBS have more success then drafting a QB in any other round and drafting and developing your QB gives you a better chance at consistency then retreads…

10 hours ago, frankw said:

We aren't solving the QB dilemma in trades or free agency. You swing when you get the chance. Reich didn't put this staff together to waste a season waiting on a QB next year. That's not how you run a franchise.

I mean it’s painfully obvious we are getting a qb this year.  I mean the staff he put together is pretty telling that is the case.   Now who it is and how we get him should be the conversation not talking about 2024 or free agency.   We are 100% drafting a guy this year.   

• Flames 1

33 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I mean it’s painfully obvious we are getting a qb this year.  I mean the staff he put together is pretty telling that is the case.   Now who it is and how we get him should be the conversation not talking about 2024 or free agency.   We are 100% drafting a guy this year.   

Especially if the rumors are true that the Colts QBs weren't exactly Reich's choosing. No way he took this job to get stuck with Sam Darnold or Matt Corral. We have an owner who desperately wants a QB. We have a coach who couldn't get over the hump at his last stop because he didn't get a QB.

If we don't do something aggressive at QB I'll be shocked. I just hope we make the right call while doing it 

46 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

What defines a bust?   That’s a pretty ambiguous chart

Never got a Pro Bowl nod AND started less than 50 games (roughly 3 season).  I mean losing the starting gig in 3 years should be enough, but they added no Pro Bowls and as seen this year, it's not too difficult to get to the Pro Bowl--you just can't completely suck apparently.

46 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Especially if the rumors are true that the Colts QBs weren't exactly Reich's choosing. No way he took this job to get stuck with Sam Darnold or Matt Corral. We have an owner who desperately wants a QB. We have a coach who couldn't get over the hump at his last stop because he didn't get a QB.

If we don't do something aggressive at QB I'll be shocked. I just hope we make the right call while doing it 

So if Tepper is desperate, then he'll go sign Carr to 30 million. 

It's easy to say that we (or rather Tepper) will hopefully be aggressive in going after a QB.

But it's always easier said than done, especially when there really isn't anyone that is available that can fulfill that "difference-maker" moniker. 

If there is, then please someone (anyone) provide a list of these AVAILABLE-TO-ACQUIRE "difference-makers".    Thanks.

5 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Well is there a difference maker for him to go after?

'Cause I'm not seeing any one listed. (Maybe I missed the post)

Jmo there are 2 in this draft and I would take a shot on a younger guy with more physical talent with this staff then 32 year old and 30 million + wanting Carr..

19 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Jmo there are 2 in this draft and I would take a shot on a younger guy with more physical talent with this staff then 32 year old and 30 million + wanting Carr..

I was referring to ready-to-perform QBs, not rookie wet-behind-the-ear ones just coming into the league, though. 

Just now, glenwo2 said:

I was referring to ready-to-perform QBs, not rookie wet-behind-the-ear ones just coming into the league, though. 

I would still go for Levi’s or Richardson with this staff over Carr… I’ve seen his calling and it’s maybe a playoff win here or there and still looking for a QB.. While paying him way more money then a rookie..