• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Price to move into top 3 based on past trades.

panther4life

I don't see the team giving up 3 1st's to trade up to #1, so #3 is the highest they would go. A trade up to #3 can ONLY happen on draft day since we have to have the prospect fall to #3. If you move early then the Colts can just jump you.

Cost to move to #3 is likely #9, 2024 1st, and #61.

I personally would be willing to do that if either of the top 2 QBs are there at #3. If neither is there I'd just wait at #9 for Levis or AR. I think AR could fall into the late 1st (Tampa Bay at #19 and Seattle at #20) or even day 2 (similar to Willis last year).

2 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

I don't see the team giving up 3 1st's to trade up to #1, so #3 is the highest they would go. A trade up to #3 can ONLY happen on draft day since we have to have the prospect fall to #3. If you move early then the Colts can just jump you.

Cost to move to #3 is likely #9, 2024 1st, and #61.

Yeah, if the guy they want is at #3 and this what it will cost to seal the deal, do it.

21 hours ago, Reebis21 said:

Yea but what if the bears trade away the 1st? Then what u propose we do? That’d mean 2 QBs are already off the board by the time the 3rd pick rolls around.

Why would we trade for the 3rd pick before the draft lol

It makes no sense to move up to 3 before the draft when we don't know whose going to be there, best we can do is work out a deal with the team at 3 if our guy is there we'll do the deal.

Thats why Im just all in for trading with the Bears, get Stroud and call it a day. People can cry about losing first round picks but have spent the last 4 years crying about our first round picks anyway.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I'd honestly be fine with giving up our 1st rounders in '24 and '25 as part of a deal. Gotta have that QB.

44 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Me too.. If you come out of this draft with Stroud or young.. Then I’m 😎..

Suppose the guy we pick doesn't pan out you after you move up for him in the 2023 draft?  Everyone who wants to move up seems to believe Young and Stroud are can't miss prospects.  What if they are not?  You wouldn't have the option of picking a QB in the first round again to rectify the mistake until 2026! You'd also be missing several other high draft choices. Bad move.

Arizona could afford to go for Kyler Murry one year after getting burned with Josh Rosen in round one because they had a #1 pick the following year. We wouldn't have that option. We'd have to try

1) drafting a QB project outside the 1st round (which is blasphemous in the eyes of some on this forum), 

2)trade for a guy,

3) or sign  FA.

The latter two aren't popular options with many on this board this offseason. I can't imagine it being any more popular in 2024 or 2025 if this pick doesn't pan out.

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Suppose the guy we pick doesn't pan out you after you move up for him in the 2023 draft?  Everyone who wants to move up seems to believe Young and Stroud are can't miss prospects.  What if they are not?  You wouldn't have the option of picking a QB in the first round again to rectify the mistake until 2026! You'd also be missing several other high draft choices. Bad move.

Arizona could afford to go for Kyler Murry one year after getting burned with Josh Rosen in round one because they had a #1 pick the following year. We wouldn't have that option. We'd have to try

1) drafting a QB project outside the 1st round (which is blasphemous in the eyes of some on this forum), 

2)trade for a guy,

3) or sign  FA.

The latter two aren't popular options with many on this board this offseason. I can't imagine it being any more popular in 2024 or 2025 if this pick doesn't pan out.

If he don’t pan out he just doesn’t pan out..

You move on. By the time you find that out you will have a 1st round pick.. But all shots not taking are never made.. 

You do give the QB 3 years to find out right…

plain and simple 

Sooner or later you have to take a shot.. You might as well do it when you have The Oline and surrounding infrastructure to make it a success..

Edited by WOW!!
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1

20 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

If he don’t pan out he just doesn’t pan out..

You move on. By the time you find that out you will have a 1st round pick.. But all shots not taking are never made.. 

You do give the QB 3 years to find out right…

plain and simple 

Sooner or later you have to take a shot.. You might as well do it when you have The Oline and surrounding infrastructure to make it a success..

You can take shot for a 1st round QB without giving up 3 years worth of draft picks. Everyone wants to win now. If the trade up doesn't work the losing will continue.

It's not as simple as "If he don’t pan out he just doesn’t pan out.." We are not a championship caliber team. How is this team going to fill holes and get better if the guy you mortgage the picks for doesn't pan out? You won't have any high draft choices left to fill the roster. We lost 10 games playing in the worst division in the NFL. We need more/better players on both sides of the ball..

I can see risking a #1 this year. I can live with a #1 in 2024. But not 2025 too. Our best pass rusher will be a free agent at the end of the year. If we don't resign him you'll have to draft a replacement. We can forget about anyone in the first round since we won't have any 1st round picks in 2024 or 2025. We're gonna have to part with some #2 and #3 choices in some of those years as well.

2025 picks should be a no go. Personally, I think Richardson should be the target at #9. With this coaching staff I think he'd be in a situation tailor made for his success in the NFL (if the staff likes him of course). If we took any QB in this draft after the top 5 picks I'd feel good about it because I have confidence in this staff to groom and develop a quality starter. Having an offense minded head coach is a game changer for this franchise 

• Flames 1

20 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

You can take shot for a 1st round QB without giving up 3 years worth of draft picks. Everyone wants to win now. If the trade up doesn't work the losing will continue.

It's not as simple as "If he don’t pan out he just doesn’t pan out.." We are not a championship caliber team. How is this team going to fill holes and get better if the guy you mortgage the picks for doesn't pan out? You won't have any high draft choices left to fill the roster. We lost 10 games playing in the worst division in the NFL. We need more/better players on both sides of the ball..

I can see risking a #1 this year. I can live with a #1 in 2024. But not 2025 too. Our best pass rusher will be a free agent at the end of the year. If we don't resign him you'll have to draft a replacement. We can forget about anyone in the first round since we won't have any 1st round picks in 2024 or 2025. We're gonna have to part with some #2 and #3 choices in some of those years as well.

2025 picks should be a no go. Personally, I think Richardson should be the target at #9. With this coaching staff I think he'd be in a situation tailor made for his success in the NFL (if the staff likes him of course). If we took any QB in this draft after the top 5 picks I'd feel good about it because I have confidence in this staff to groom and develop a quality starter. Having an offense minded head coach is a game changer for this franchise 

And you won’t be a championship team until you get the QB.. And waiting on the perfect situation isn’t a reality based plan either..

I know some of you don’t see this but reality is Wilks showed that competent Coaching made this team better and more of a viable thing then 1st though.. This team in reality with better coaching has enough talent not to be close to a top 10 pick in the predictable future..

Im sorry I don’t see a better opportunity then now to get your QB if you deemed any of these as your guy..

agree to disagree I like Levi’s and Richardson with this coaching staff okay.. But I love Stroud and Young with them more and don’t give a poo about picks in the next 2 years when I think the team will be better anyway..

Edited by WOW!!
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

And you won’t be a championship team until you get the QB.. And waiting on the perfect situation isn’t a reality based plan either..

I know some of you don’t see this but reality is Wilks showed that competent Coaching made this team better and more of a viable thing then 1st though.. This team in reality with better coaching has enough talent not to be close to a top 10 pick in the predictable future..

Im sorry I don’t see a better opportunity then now to get your QB if you deemed any of these as your guy..

We beat two playoff teams with winning records at home this year (Seattle and Detroit). Kudos for that. Our other 5 wins came against teams that finished below .500 and won 8 games or less. (Denver, TB, Atlanta, New Orleans twice). Wilks did make us better, but the bar was set pretty low with Matt Rhule 😣

I'm glad you used the phrase "if you deemed any of these as your guy". The coaching staff may not think the two guys at the top are worth the draft capital to move up. I'd cheer whoever we picked if we did move up. But, I'd be equally supportive if we took someone later. I don't think a large percentage of the Huddlers are as open minded. Their mindset seems to be get Young or Stroud in the top 3, or suffer in mediocrity for the rest of the decade.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

We beat two playoff teams with winning records at home this year (Seattle and Detroit). Kudos for that. Our other 5 wins came against teams that finished below .500 and won 8 games or less. (Denver, TB, Atlanta, New Orleans twice). Wilks did make us better, but the bar was set pretty low with Matt Rhule 😣

I'm glad you used the phrase "if you deemed any of these as your guy". The coaching staff may not think the two guys at the top are worth the draft capital to move up. I'd cheer whoever we picked if we did move up. But, I'd be equally supportive if we took someone later. I don't think a large percentage of the Huddlers are as open minded. Their mindset seems to be get Young or Stroud in the top 3, or suffer in mediocrity for the rest of the decade.

I’m not saying I won’t support the choice of this new staff at all.. 

And obviously I have more faith in them because I don’t think this team will be in a better position then this year to get a QB.. 

• Pie 1