• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Todd McShay seems to really like Anthony Richardson

Dorian Gray

I don't think I ever saw Levis play so I'm curious why he gets the hate he gets here?

I know some analysts say he has the tools and size of a prototype qb.  I know he played sec opponents without the supporting cast most sec teams have.

For negatives, I think he turned it over too much last year.  I've seen some here mention his age.  How old is he?

Is there more than that?  

1 minute ago, w280sax said:

I don't think I ever saw Levis play so I'm curious why he gets the hate he gets here?

I know some analysts say he has the tools and size of a prototype qb.  I know he played sec opponents without the supporting cast most sec teams have.

For negatives, I think he turned it over too much last year.  I've seen some here mention his age.  How old is he?

Is there more than that?  

I think the general story is he was in place to have an amazing year and just kind of fell flat. His team sucks but there were expectations on him to play above the level of his team and he seemed to regress to their level instead. 

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Not a lifelong starter. Not the Next Big Thing people here think he will be. If he even makes it in the NFL, he'll be a backup.

Not a lifelong starter and only making as a backup if at all are two different things. Seems like you're leaning heavily toward the latter so just make that the definition. Out of the league in how many years?

I mean, a guy like Joe Flacco is a bust by your first standard.

• Poo 1

29 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I'll put my account on the line (and honor it by not making an alt) ...

AR will be a bust in the NFL. So if one of you wants to Quote this and save it to memory, please do.

Taking him at 9 will be the dumbest thing this franchise has ever done.

We traded two first round picks for Sean Gilbert (which I think turned into Champ Bailey and LaVar Arrington), so this doesn't even register.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, w280sax said:

Is there more than that?  

I think it’s both his 2022 tape wasn’t close to as good as it was in 2021 and a general backlash of fans who watched him this year after reading about him being a top QB candidate and having not watched him before.  

His flaws were definitely magnified this year with a bad oline and some mobility limiting injuries. Then his age on top of that makes him decently unappealing.

Also he’s not even the biggest upside guy in the draft with Richardson being in the same general archetype.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, w280sax said:

Is there more than that?  

Levis is 23-24, so only a couple years older than most of the other QBs. Some say he was injured for most or at least part of last season. That said, in the games I saw, he never acted hurt or seemed hampered in any way. His play regressed from 2021 stats wise. In the games I watched, he seemed to make a lot of poor decisions or throws. He does have the size and arm teams and fans crave though.

Edited by jayboogieman
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I think Richardson is going to have to hope UF is glowing when they get asked about him.

He's going to be all about the interviews and comparing early season to late season tape.

He'll have to show marked improvement as the season progressed and a driven / coachable attitude. He has a long way to go, but he has the best tools in the Draft at QB and he's already making plays despite being so raw.

14 minutes ago, w280sax said:

Is there more than that?  

He's a Redshirt Senior. He's currently 23, he'll be 24 by the time the season starts. 

With regards to the other stuff, it depends which analyst you ask.

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

He's going to be all about the interviews and comparing early season to late season tape.

He'll have to show marked improvement as the season progressed and a driven / coachable attitude. He has a long way to go, but he has the best tools in the Draft at QB and he's already making plays despite being so raw.

Yeah, I think he is gonna get a bigger deep dive than most for those reasons.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, w280sax said:

Is there more than that?  

I wouldn't say I "hate" him. But he's very similar to Darnold in that he has all the physical traits you'd want on a QB but then you watch him play and you just don't see an actual QB. He has a lot of the same issues as Darnold. Locks onto his first read. Slow through his progressions. Turnover prone. I just don't see the mental makeup of a QB. I see a physical specimen without the necessary mental makeup. Then you realize that Darnold is only two years older than Will Levis. Levis should not still be as raw as he is as a prospect.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not a lifelong starter and only making as a backup if at all are two different things. Seems like you're leaning heavily toward the latter so just make that the definition. Out of the league in how many years?

I mean, a guy like Joe Flacco is a bust by your first standard.

Ok, he won't be a starter. He may START a game, sure. But it's not his destiny. Is that more clear than "bust"? I don't think he's going to be a star. Simple as that. Others think he's the next multi-year MVP who will win trophy after trophy ... and that's their right to think that.