• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stafford/Carr Comparison

Cdparr7

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The big difference for me with Carr is that this is a guy who has actually played at a high level for the majority of his career. He isn't a guy who looked decent in spot duty for an all-time great offensive coach like Teddy. He isn't a guy who played terribly but showed elite physical tools like Darnold. He isn't a guy who had one decent season but then failed to build on that like Mayfield. Carr is definitely a different type of veteran QB than we've been dealing with in recent years.

Honestly, I'd still prefer draft but I wouldn't mind Carr.

Same. I wouldn't scream either way.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Same. I wouldn't scream either way.

Especially since we're not involved early. Would I want to get in a bidding war for Carr with the bidding starting at $35M per year? No. But if we wait a bit and he comes to talk to us and the number comes down to more like $25M per year over day three years? Hmmm... that becomes a very different scenario.

46 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's lazy in terms of their really being nothing to discuss then. If we're just trusting the staff then what's to discuss?

Oh, there's still plenty to discuss.

That's my honest opinion though.

And frankly,  after fifteen years of Hurney and three years of Rhule, I'm extremely happy to even be able to say that.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Hey guy. We're still on the same topic. I provided you information that you refuse to address because you know it destroys your narrative. Multiple things can be true. Carr is a retread. He's an upgrade over Darnold. Even Teddy Bridgewater is an upgrade over that. The issue is where folks like yourself are now chasing after and propping up anyone that fits that criteria. If he took an affordable deal that would be one thing. But 35 million a year? Big no thanks.

BTW cheers to the most triggered Carr superfan on the huddle 😂🍻

Screenshot_20230225_144009_Firefox.thumb.jpg.bc5b3b41af9293c76eea8d459cf678d0.jpg

Lol dude I think you combine people in your head or something. I’m not on Carr’s nuts. 

I simply said what I said about the overuse of “retread”, lumping every QB in the same category, you responded, I asked you to clarify your definition of retread, and you didn’t respond to that but argued something I wasn’t taking about. 

Stay organized. 

3 hours ago, frankw said:

Hey guy. We're still on the same topic. I provided you information that you refuse to address because you know it destroys your narrative. Multiple things can be true. Carr is a retread. He's an upgrade over Darnold. Even Teddy Bridgewater is an upgrade over that. The issue is where folks like yourself are now chasing after and propping up anyone that fits that criteria. If he took an affordable deal that would be one thing. But 35 million a year? Big no thanks.

BTW cheers to the most triggered Carr superfan on the huddle 😂🍻

Screenshot_20230225_144009_Firefox.thumb.jpg.bc5b3b41af9293c76eea8d459cf678d0.jpg

That dude is crazy!

He literally did the same thing to me. He's pooing everybody who says something negative about Carr lol

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The big difference for me with Carr is that this is a guy who has actually played at a high level for the majority of his career. He isn't a guy who looked decent in spot duty for an all-time great offensive coach like Teddy. He isn't a guy who played terribly but showed elite physical tools like Darnold. He isn't a guy who had one decent season but then failed to build on that like Mayfield. Carr is definitely a different type of veteran QB than we've been dealing with in recent years.

Honestly, I'd still prefer draft but I wouldn't mind Carr.

He's played at a high level with 1 playoff appearance in his entire 9 year career.

We all get he's a middle of the pack QB which isn't bad, but we don't need a 32 year old QB with this roster. Carr needs a lot of help around him to make a run. If we sign Carr we are just a playoff team and 1st round exit every year.

If we had the 49ers type of roster I would be all for signing Carr. I know people trying to paint me as a Carr hater that's not true. I said from the start he isn't the QB we need with this current roster. We just don't have enough talent around him to make a run for a SB right now.

I've been saying that hes a good player.  Like I said, I've done a little research and the one thing I've noticed where the dividing line between good/manager QB's and franchise is the 2:1 TD to INT line.  The further someone breaks over the 2:1 the closer a QB comes to being a HOF level QB (aside from Eli in modern NFL, its something I generally see).  Carr is not a HOF QB, he IS however a franchise QB.  He's along the lines of Dak Prescott or Kirk Cousins.  These are QBs that YOU CAN win with, and generally speaking will win more than they lose (good ole Raiders managed to fug that up).  Carr is a solid/good direction we could go if we dont like the options or what it would take to get an elite qb in the draft, it would allow for us to potentially win quickly.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He's played at a high level with 1 playoff appearance in his entire 9 year career.

We all get he's a middle of the pack QB which isn't bad, but we don't need a 32 year old QB with this roster. Carr needs a lot of help around him to make a run. If we sign Carr we are just a playoff team and 1st round exit every year.

If we had the 49ers type of roster I would be all for signing Carr. I know people trying to paint me as a Carr hater that's not true. I said from the start he isn't the QB we need with this current roster. We just don't have enough talent around him to make a run for a SB right now.

A fan of Lamar Jackson probably shouldn't be using the playoffs as a criteria for judging quarterbacks 😆

Also, teams win, teams lose. Acting like QBs can be judged by a win-loss record is a clear sign you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

A fan of Lamar Jackson probably shouldn't be using the playoffs as a criteria for judging quarterbacks 😆

Also, teams win, teams lose. Acting like QBs can be judged by a win-loss record is a clear sign you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

You bring up Lamar Jackson in every other post I make.

I can say the sky is blue and you will still find a way to mention Lamar Jackson.smh

• Flames 1

41 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

I've been saying that hes a good player.  Like I said, I've done a little research and the one thing I've noticed where the dividing line between good/manager QB's and franchise is the 2:1 TD to INT line.  The further someone breaks over the 2:1 the closer a QB comes to being a HOF level QB (aside from Eli in modern NFL, its something I generally see).  Carr is not a HOF QB, he IS however a franchise QB.  He's along the lines of Dak Prescott or Kirk Cousins.  These are QBs that YOU CAN win with, and generally speaking will win more than they lose (good ole Raiders managed to fug that up).  Carr is a solid/good direction we could go if we dont like the options or what it would take to get an elite qb in the draft, it would allow for us to potentially win quickly.

We saw what a Kirk Cousins type of QB ultimately amounts to in the playoffs when they lost to the Giants. The man threw a pass behind the line of scrimmage. No way we need to hitch our wagon to a quarterback whose ceiling is that for 100+ million. Draft and develop our own for a change.

56 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That dude is crazy!

He literally did the same thing to me. He's pooing everybody who says something negative about Carr lol

To give you an idea of what you are dealing with. He was once the most outspoken Matt Rhule defender here. Crazy is an understatement.

• Pie 1