• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Tight End question

Mr. Scot

On 2/25/2023 at 1:25 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Fitterer definitely spoke glowingly about Ian Thomas and his 20mph GPS speed and thought he was getting a steal of a deal with that "mid-level" contract.

Scot just suffers from massive PTSD from Hurney that leads to defending anything and everything any other GM does. LOL!

fuging Mccadoo and rhule too....... It was awful then and worse now.......I do get the TE market jumped levels, doesnt mean you should reward a "never-was" with some 3 year 21 million type of deal....... 

I do wonder how the total new and legit NFL staff view Thomas......I bet we will see at some point in the off-season. 

I believe the whole group wants one of out of the top 5 FA TEs........if daley and little had a market, maybe thomas does.....but I got grave doubts...

You're looking at the top guys:

Dalton Kincaid

Michael Mayfer

Luke Mugrave

Darnell Washington

-----------------------------------

Lower tier (big drop off in talent)

Sam Laporta

Tucker Kraft

You want one of the guys in the upper tier, and that means we need to spend at least a 3rd round pick. The will be gone in the 4th imo.

26 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Dalton Kincaid-1st/2nd

Michael Mayer-1st

Luke Musgrave-2nd

Darnell Washington-2nd/3rd

Sam Laporta-3rd

Tucker Kraft-3rd/4th

You want one of the guys in the upper tier, and that means we need to spend at least a 3rd round pick. The will be gone in the 4th imo.

The bold is where I see these guys going.  IMO, we GOT to get one of these guys before the 4th.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Cam's New Arm said:

I still close my eyes and can remember what Chud did with Shockey and Olsen. Let's make it happen.

Preach it man, I still don't understand why some teams *cough* Panthers *cough* don't value/no longer value the TE position.  Even still, outside of a select team or two--Ravens come to mind, teams don't even bother to invest in a solid #2.

Olsen and Shockey were a stud duo!

Edited by 45catfan

On 2/25/2023 at 1:25 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Fitterer definitely spoke glowingly about Ian Thomas and his 20mph GPS speed and thought he was getting a steal of a deal with that "mid-level" contract.

Scot just suffers from massive PTSD from Hurney that leads to defending anything and everything any other GM does. LOL!

I've read the actual behind the scenes stories.

They make it pretty clear there's a difference between the public face and the private happenings.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, pantherj said:

Dalton Kincaid

Michael Mayfer

Luke Mugrave

Darnell Washington

Sam Laporta

Tucker Kraft

Many are sleeping on Sam Laporta imo. He’s my 3rd favorite TE in this class behind Mayer and Kincaid. 

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

The bold is where I see these guys going.  IMO, we GOT to get one of these guys before the 4th.

Ideally, imo, we draft a QB with the first and pick up one of these TE with the second. Then we can spend the rest of the draft on defense. I don't care. At that point I'd consider the draft a success.

Oh, @Rayzor1...

Little Boy Reaction GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

10 hours ago, Basbear said:

fuging Mccadoo and rhule too....... It was awful then and worse now.......I do get the TE market jumped levels, doesnt mean you should reward a "never-was" with some 3 year 21 million type of deal....... 

I do wonder how the total new and legit NFL staff view Thomas......I bet we will see at some point in the off-season. 

I believe the whole group wants one of out of the top 5 FA TEs........if daley and little had a market, maybe thomas does.....but I got grave doubts...

Only because they had no real plans to use the TE they paid for.