• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL: Bezos barred from bidding on Commanders

Mr. Scot

48 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I don't understand why they'd sell for $7bn. What makes the franchise so valuable?

Not sure Daniel Snyder will get 7 billion for the Commanders, but then again, not sure he won't either.

In his favor, sale prices for NFL teams are increasing well ahead of inflation and they're a great tax break if you happen to be a billionaire.  Owners can deducted the entire cost of of the team on federal taxes over the course of ten years.

Dan's original investment of 9 hundred million is likely worth more today than the Broncos sold for recently, so any potential buyer is looking at 5 billion minimum.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wish I could say that's unbelievable but it's actually extremely believable. And utterly fuging absurd.

Oops, I was wrong. 

Owners have to write off the purchase price of their teams over the course of 15 years rather than 10.

We simply must do more to end the suffering of billionaires!

Here:

https://nypost.com/2017/10/11/nfl-owners-have-made-millions-off-obscure-tax-break/

And here:

https://taxfoundation.org/billionaire-playbook-amortization-sports-deductions/

No one should want Bezos to be an NFL owner.  There is enough monopolization in the US as is.  He already had the rights this past season to feature Thursday night games.  I imagine if he got a spot of ownership, he would desire to lock up more of the NFL inside his clutches.  The self declared king of the NFL.

1 hour ago, Matthias said:

No one should want Bezos to be an NFL owner.  There is enough monopolization in the US as is.  He already had the rights this past season to feature Thursday night games.  I imagine if he got a spot of ownership, he would desire to lock up more of the NFL inside his clutches.  The self declared king of the NFL.

What does bezos have a monopoly on?   Such a strange post.   

9 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

What does bezos have a monopoly on?   Such a strange post.   

Do you not know the amount of companies this man own?  Of course this conversation would get into the Tinderbox area, so I won't derail the thread.  That said, if he gets his hands on an NFL team, you better believe he will try to lockdown the NFL market hand over fist.  Get ready to watch Panthers games on Amazon every other Sunday.

10 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but won't this make Ron the only coach to have gone through an owner selling the team and finishing with a new owner, Twice now?? This is wild man. 

I said before hes the one person that could write one hell of a book. just a few- NFL player, 85 bears, draft into spot where he wasnt need while he was a college stud, paid dues up coach ranks, great DC, turn down 9 times for HC, 9.7 years at Charlotte, SB 50, brother cancer, Keep pounding, military, always gave goat Bill the toughest games, dave fired within 2 weeks of TC and herniay back......, fired and gos to the circus show that is wft, the name of NFL, another odd owner and he had to answer questions as the face of each team, etc etc

Edited by Basbear