• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Combine Discussion: Day 1

Mr. Scot

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

He is trying to bulk up but will not throw and then not weigh at the pro day but will throw.  I mean whats the point of this charade when everyone knows what is going on?

Speculation is Young would rather throw to his own receivers who he already has chemistry with at his pro day. It makes sense that he would rather do that. A lot of players choose to do that. It just erks fans because they cannot watch them at their pro days. 

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Speculation is Young would rather throw to his own receivers who he already has chemistry with at his pro day. It makes sense that he would rather do that. A lot of players choose to do that. It just erks fans because they cannot watch them at their pro days. 

Its more likely he has bulked up too much and it hinders his mobility and throwing motion.  Its basically what most of the analysts said leading up to this.  He will weigh over 200 but there is no way in hell that is his playing weight. So again I ask, whats the point of it all when everyone knows what you are doing?

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Its more likely he has bulked up too much and it hinders his mobility and throwing motion.  Its basically what most of the analysts said leading up to this.  He will weigh over 200 but there is no way in hell that is his playing weight. So again I ask, whats the point of it all when everyone knows what you are doing?

I just cannot see him adding 25 pounds in that amount of time anyway.  Who can say what these kids are thinking. Most of them have been preparing for the draft for a year or more.  Their game film carry the most weight and the interview being what can make or break their draft position. The other drills really do not move the needle for the teams.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Young is one of those prospects that can get you fired a couple of different ways.

You draft him only to watch him get injured, you're fired.

You pass on him only to watch him go somewhere else and turn into a star, you're fired.

I don't envy the personnel guys.

IMO, you need to treat him the same way that you would treat most "injury likely" QB's.  Treat him like Lamar, Vick (mis treated), RG III, etc....hell, even Cam.

Get a good vet backup that can get you through 4-6 games per year, build the team specifically to that QB's strengths, plan on getting 5 years out of your 1st round selection, maybe 6 with a tag, and move on.

I'm coming around to the fact that getting a 10 year starter in the NFL these days is a total and complete crap shoot.  May be smarter to go for the 4-5 year player, and start over again....if they turn into a 10 year starter like Allen, maybe you continue on with him.

That's how I'd handle Young.