• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King supposedly reports that that Panthers, Raiders, Texans, and Colts are not interested in Rodgers or Carr

Saca312

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10066942-peter-king-aaron-rodgers-derek-carr-not-eyed-by-raiders-colts-texans-panthers

NBC Sports' Peter King reported none of the Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Las Vegas Raiders or the Carolina Panthers "wants to scotch-tape a veteran like 39-year-old Aaron Rodgers and probably not Derek Carr."

Sounds like speculation on Carr, not definitive.

Edited by Saca312

This link covers his statement better than the other ones I've seen so far. 

"I hear—though it might be smoke—that none of the four wants to scotch-tape a veteran like 39-year-old Aaron Rodgers and probably not Derek Carr"

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.thecomeback.com/nfl/aaron-rodgers-derek-carr-not-interested.html

Edited by carpanfan96

3 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

This link covers his statement better than the other ones I've seen so far. 

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.thecomeback.com/nfl/aaron-rodgers-derek-carr-not-interested.html

Not really...

What King actually stated was that he heard a rumor, which he stated right up front "might be smoke" that none of the quarterback needy teams were interested in either guy.

That sounded like bullsh-t right from the start, but since it's now reported that all the teams in question are meeting with Carr this week, I'd say it's confirmed.

But the fine "journalists" at Bleacher Report decided to run with it as if it were but definitive statement.

22 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10066942-peter-king-aaron-rodgers-derek-carr-not-eyed-by-raiders-colts-texans-panthers

NBC Sports' Peter King reported none of the Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Las Vegas Raiders or the Carolina Panthers "wants to scotch-tape a veteran like 39-year-old Aaron Rodgers and probably not Derek Carr."

Sounds like speculation on Carr, not definitive.

New York Comedy GIF by HULU

From Albert Breer (Link)

The first quarterbacking domino could fall this week, with Derek Carr a free agent and Aaron Rodgers coming out of the darkness. As we reported this morning, Carr expressed to the Jets his desire to survey the landscape, and the Jets’ plan has been to do the same, but the mutual interest there is very real. On top of that, whatever decision comes from Rodgers could wind up greasing the skids for moves from other teams at the position, and the Packers—like the Jets—are staying loose with their quarterbacking plans.

And this week is important because those two teams, and the other 30, will be here.

So not only should we soon have answers on Carr and Rodgers, the market for guys such as Jimmy Garoppolo, Daniel Jones and Geno Smith could start to take shape in the skyways, hotel lobbies and quiet corners of the convention center in Indy. What’s more, what happens there certainly could (and probably should) impact how hungry certain teams in the top half of the first round are for Bryce Young, CJ Stroud, Will Levis and Anthony Richardson.

Which is to say Carr and Rodgers may be the first one we get answers on, but there’ll be plenty of meat left on the information bone after we have those.

4 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

Peter King reports… now that’s an oxymoron!! Must be nice… getting paid for quoting “sources” and not be held accountable.

King didn't really report it. He mentioned it as a rumor.

Bleacher Report incorrectly reported that he reported it. That's sh-tty work on their part.

Edited by Mr. Scot

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

They're just meeting with him.

And why shouldn't they?

We're just talking here Scot. Everybody knows the team is going to do what they want. These are just opinions. And my opinion is we should be aiming higher than a high priced Kirk Cousins (at best) clone. Just meeting with him indicates to me it wasn't just all Matt Rhule steering us toward the Darnold's and Mayfield's of the NFL. We can now dispense with that narrative.

• Poo 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

King didn't really report it. He mentioned it as a rumor.

Bleacher Report incorrectly reported that he reported it. That's sh-tty work on their part.

Bleacher report has historically been poo reporting. i don't know if it's gotten much better (doesn't seem like it) but they used to let any hack with a keyboard write for them. their main thing is just to get content. never mattered if any of the content was valid or close to correct.