• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nolan Smith in the 2nd round?

electro's horse

lol he's not lasting to the 2nd. I'm not even a big fan of his but Combine sealed him up as a late first at worst.

Combine has me crushing on Adetomiwa Adebawore. 6'2, 280, 4.49. Decently long arms and 27 reps too. Raw as hell but you can't teach that size/speed combo, hard to imagine a better project to take over YGM's spot.

3 hours ago, Rags said:

lol he's not lasting to the 2nd. I'm not even a big fan of his but Combine sealed him up as a late first at worst.

Combine has me crushing on Adetomiwa Adebawore. 6'2, 280, 4.49. Decently long arms and 27 reps too. Raw as hell but you can't teach that size/speed combo, hard to imagine a better project to take over YGM's spot.

There are some very intriguing 3-4 ends that can kick inside when needed.

I was a fan to bring him in as a potential Shaq replacement earlier in the process.  Now with the defensive scheme switch and his exceptional combine I give up. He will land with a perennial favorite in the later part of the first.  This combine gives credence to why we are switching to a 3-4 though. The linebackers and "undersized" DE's OLB types are showing out.  Give me a Owen Pappoe and Will McDonald and call it a day.  

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Wouldn't be shocking to see him go to Chicago with our #9 overall pick.

I think jalen carter will be there and they will be dancing in the streets......but if any team form 8-14 picks smith, its fair........thats how hot he is currently. Like above he was the "QB bust plan" fall back for me.....

19 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Wouldn't be shocking to see him go to Chicago with our #9 overall pick.

I’m pretty tuned into the Bears and have been accurate on what I’ve said about not trading Fields, what their plan was for this off-season, and had the trade down to a T outside of Moore because I thought there’s no way we give him up, but I knew the didn’t want Burns…

We have to see how green agency plays out but there’s a good chance they are still taking Carter at 9 if he drops. 

If they can sign Hargraves and Jones up the middle they can move on from that and focus on offensive line or edge. 

As of right now I see the Bears trading back from 9.