• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers to aggressive pursue trade up to get a QB

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, AggieLean said:

Might as well try to get up to #1

That's it!  We are going to have to sell our souls to move up to the top pick.  The only QB worth it, is CJ Stroud in my opinion.  I believe he will certainly be the number one pick.  If another team moves up and draft Stroud, I believe we should stay put at 9 and draft Richardson or Bryce Young. (Not really a fan of Young due to size)  If neither are there, go BPA.  If Levis is there at 9, I wouldn't be oppose to drafting him, but at that point I would trade back.  Overall, its Stroud at 1# or stay put.

16 minutes ago, ncfan said:

There’s not a dam team in the league that’d say I’ll take 31st rd picks over a Joe Burrow.  Especially if they didn’t have a top 10 QB

im doing this no questions asked 

that mock was a dream scenario 

Ohio State coaches literally preferred Fields to Stroud - he went 11th in his Draft and has been so-so in the NFL. 

Young is 5'10" and plays at 180lbs. He's going to inspire Jim Ross gifs. 

Richardson is a project.

Who are you trading 3 first round picks away for here?!

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine walking away with any of those 3 with the #9 pick (or a slightly higher pick if it just costs one of our 2nd round picks this year), but damn nobody here is worth the gamble that a lot of you are willing to make.

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:
10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Agreed. But it's not for Joe Burrow. It's for a complete NFL unknown you're hoping like hell you're right about. I'm not opposed to it. I just acknowledge what a massive risk and roll of the dice it would be.

It’s not Joe Burrow
But it’s the guy, a certain someone who played in the league awhile and is now our QB COACH, compared him to Joe Burrow.

I’ll take that guys evaluation over some Huddler who probably never watch more than 3 full games in the man’s career

Edited by ncfan

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Ohio State coaches literally preferred Fields to Stroud - he went 11th in his Draft and has been so-so in the NFL. 

You keep saying this while continuing to ignore that you're talking about a true freshman Stroud vs. a junior Fields who was coming off a 45 TD season. There's no QB competition when you have a rising junior who just threw for 45 TDs.

Just stop with this embarrassment.

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Young is 5'10" and plays at 180lbs. He's going to inspire Jim Ross gifs. 

Richardson is a project.

Who are you trading 3 first round picks away for here?!

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine walking away with any of those 3 with the #9 pick (or a slightly higher pick if it just costs one of our 2nd round picks this year), but damn nobody here is worth the gamble that a lot of you are willing to make.

Ohio States coaches preferred Haskins over Burrow.

I’ll take an NFL coaches and scouts evaluation over theirs.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, ncfan said:

It’s not Joe Burrow
But it’s the guy, a certain someone who played in the league awhile and is now our QB COACH, compared him to Joe Burrow.

I’ll take that guys evaluation over some Huddler who probably never watch more than 3 full games in the man’s career

Good for you. We're just having a conversation here. Some of y'all get ridiculously personal with this stuff.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

As for the actual QB... I'm fine with either Young, Stroud, or Richardson. I can understand an argument for any of the three. 

We need to hit on any one of those.

If we whiff, it would be catastrophic.

35 minutes ago, Rags said:

Carter might get a bit of the Tunsil effect, personally I'd feel safer. 

he's by far the best player in the draft. I can't see both Arizona and Chicago both in desperate need of d-line help passing on him

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You keep saying this while continuing to ignore that you're talking about a true freshman Stroud vs. a junior Fields who was coming off a 45 TD season. There's no QB competition when you have a rising junior who just threw for 45 TDs.

Just stop with this embarrassment.

I'm not talking about an 18 year old vs a 21 year old, I'm talking about as QBs in general.