• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears spoke to 3 teams at the combine about the first overall pick: know they can get 1sts in 2024 and 2025

Varking

Just now, stan786 said:

We are definitely the one that would offer them the 24 1 and 25 1 hahaha. They better take it before we sign Carr and kill their leverage.

I think the Bears have to project the three teams on where they are today, and where they think they will be the best two years after. If you drop to 9 and miss out on Anderson and Carter, and they think we are playoff bound the next two years, it makes more sense to take another teams offer because our picks will be low value. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

Us, Indy, Texans?

I’d guess us, Indy, and then a team like the Raiders or Falcons. I don’t think the Texans need to give all that up to move up one spot. If they did the Bears would be announcing the trade right now and getting ready to flip pick 2 for a haul. 

1 minute ago, Varking said:

I’d guess us, Indy, and then a team like the Raiders or Falcons. I don’t think the Texans need to give all that up to move up one spot. If they did the Bears would be announcing the trade right now and getting ready to flip pick 2 for a haul. 

It depends on what the Bears want. It also depends on what the Texans want.

If the Texans really want first dibs, they need to keep another team from jumping in front of them. That means competing for the pick and giving the bears what they want.

It’s about competition now, not just pick value.

I do agree the Raiders could be one of the three.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I wouldn't bet on that.

It's possible we're one of the teams that spoke to them to gauge the price, but I don't believe we'd give that up.

I believe we would. But why would the Bears take our #9 and our future picks should be playoff picks. 

A team like Indy is projected to be further away from the playoffs so it’s better value and they would only drop to 4 this year to get their top end defensive player. 

We would be the team that has to offer something else to close the door now because we offer the worst value of picks now plus the future. We aren’t far away from the playoffs now and we play in a bad division. 

• Beer 1

Just now, Tbe said:

It depends on what the Bears want. It also depends on what the Texans want.

If the Texans really want first dibs, they need to keep another team from jumping in front of them. That means competing for the pick and giving the bears what they want.

It’s about competition now, not just pick value.

I do agree the Raiders could be one of the three.

Rumor is the Raiders are looking at Jimmy G.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

I believe we would. But why would the Bears take our #9 and our future picks should be playoff picks. 

A team like Indy is projected to be further away from the playoffs so it’s better value and they would only drop to 4 this year to get their top end defensive player. 

We would be the team that has to offer something else to close the door now because we offer the worst value of picks now plus the future. We aren’t far away from the playoffs now and we play in a bad division. 

I don't, primarily because Scott Fitterer has yet to show any willingness to trade away first rounders. He puts a lot of value on those picks.

It's also been said that we like nearly all of the top prospects so a trade to #1 wouldn't be necessary to get a guy we want. Going to #3 or #5 would probably be enough.

Mind you, all this is pending whether we pursue Derek Carr or not.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't, primarily because Scott Fitterer has yet to show any willingness to trade away first rounders. He puts a lot of value on those picks.

It's also been said that we like nearly all of the top prospects so a trade to #1 wouldn't be necessary to get a guy we want. Going to #3 or #5 would probably be enough.

Mind you, all this is pending whether we pursue Derek Carr or not.

Didn’t he offer 2 future firsts for Watson?