• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brinson basically calls "collusion," but essentially says it's nearly impossible to prove

top dawg

2 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

This story reminds me of a nice little laugh I had at the expense of a very annoying and rude neighbor that lived across the street from me.

One of those who think they know it all, and are out to prove they do to anyone who will listen.  She was retired Coast Guard from Boston area.  Did I mention she knew it all?

Skipped out to the mailbox to catch me, like she did all the time.  Boasted that she had just sold her house, and was finally moving onto the island.  Good for her, get the F out of my hood.  

Knew I was in the real estate biz (although I don't work in general RE), and was giggling that she had saved 6% by selling her house herself, and had gotten 80k more than what she had paid only 1 year earlier.

I congratulated her on her "move up", and her 6% savings....I let her know that that 6%, about 22k or so, cost her right at 100k.  I started laughing, she went pale. 

She had underpriced the house for the neighborhood, as she had no idea what she was doing, her "knowing everything" cost her a LOT of money.

Lamar is going to cost himself MUCH more than the 10% the agent would have cost him.

He already has.

• Pie 1

It certainly wouldn't surprise me. But at the same time the Browns were the only team willing to give Watson a fully guaranteed contract. Even Tepper refused that, as bad as he wanted a QB.

Could it be collusion? Very possibly. But it could also be a matter of a player wanting a contract that no QB-needy teams are willing to pay.

46 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I haven't heard about any earth-shattering numbers thus far. But, it could be too rich for our blood. I still find it odd that we didn't officially get confirmation.

Apparently around Week 1 the offer was around $180 mm guaranteed. He said no. It then dropped because he was injured again

7 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

It certainly wouldn't surprise me. But at the same time the Browns were the only team willing to give Watson a fully guaranteed contract. Even Tepper refused that, as bad as he wanted a QB.

Could it be collusion? Very possibly. But it could also be a matter of a player wanting a contract that no QB-needy teams are willing to pay.

All of the QB needy teams have more needs than QB, not enough cap space, and don't want to give up multiple first round picks.

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

But, how could they possibly know that...unless they were talking among themselves about it...?

Interested GIF by Nick Cannon

The question is, is it actually collusion if the team owners talk.  It's an entertainment company and I'm sure most of us have worked places where they have manager meetings and the normal employees aren't privy to the conversations in that meeting.  I think collusion could only be proven if they have a vendetta against that specific employee, or an enron situation.  I don't agree much politically with Kaepernick but he was colluded against.  I think the situation with Jackson is far different.

When it comes to us, because we built this Brainiac of a coaching staff, I think we're looking at a QB who's more prototypical in playing style and putting all our eggs in the basket with CJ Stroud or Bryce Young.  Yet for a team like the Falcons, I have no idea why they wouldn't be interested.  With a tall receiver in Drake London and a talent like Kyle Pitts, adding Lamar Jackson would make them a nightmare for teams around the league.

WIth that said, when it comes to the Ravens, I don't see what they would get out of teams not offering Lamar a robust contract.  As it is, Lamar is not going to play on the tag they gave him.  Wouldn't be surprised at all if he decided to sit out this year if stuck in Baltimore.

24 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

No he's not. He's too busy telling everyone that we should be all in on Lamar because he's the GOAT.

Never said he's the GOAT.

All I said is he's a winning franchise QB. As a starter he's won 75% of his games.

And compared to the QB's we have in the past he's clearly a step up in talent. Sorry you don't like him. But I will debate anybody on him as a QB. Only a handful of QB's in this league are better than Lamar. That's the type of QB we are dealing with.

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Never said he's the GOAT.

All I said is he's a winning franchise QB. As a starter he's won 75% of his games.

And compared to the QB's we have in the past he's clearly a step up in talent. Sorry you don't like him. But I will debate anybody on him as a QB. Only a handful of QB's in this league are better than Lamar. That's the type of QB we are dealing with.

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

11 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

The question is, is it actually collusion if the team owners talk.  It's an entertainment company and I'm sure most of us have worked places where they have manager meetings and the normal employees aren't privy to the conversations in that meeting.  I think collusion could only be proven if they have a vendetta against that specific employee, or an enron situation.  I don't agree much politically with Kaepernick but he was colluded against.  I think the situation with Jackson is far different.

I don't think there will ever be a smoking gun, but I certainly believe that the "problem" of guaranteeing contracts (especially such huge ones) was discussed. But that's kinda what Will Brinson is saying without saying it.