• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Kunkel says we're only "seriously interested" in three

top dawg

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I really don't think you do.

You're looking for a "gotcha", something you can use to discredit somebody. Maybe that makes you feel more self-assured. I don't know.

It's consistent with the way a lot of sports talk is these days, though. And honestly for me, that's a shame.

If you want to listen to Will Kunkel's farts into the wind, go for it. You're going to get a good variety of predictions that could mean anything and may even sometimes be true.

21 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I get you take writers, posters and whatever you consider as an insider quite seriously but Kunkel is truly the worst of the worst.

Yeah, I think as great of a poster Mr. Scot has been on this board, his age really shows when it comes to Twitter. He's used to newspaper journalism and TV news ... where what's reported has been fact checked. He has yet to learn that Twitter is not reliable AT ALL ... even if the person has a blue check mark. He posts Tweets 24/7 on here and assumes it's gospel IMHO.

The biggest way to tell if a Tweet is pure opinion is if they use the word "sources". A source could be a trainer, social media kid fresh out of college, security guard, BOA stadium concession stand delivery guy, etc. who "heard something" and then told someone else, and that someone else told a "reporter" who then tweeted it out. Nothing is fact checked anymore. Twitter is the wild west.

If it doesn't have "on condition of anonymity" ... ignore it, Mr. Scot.

2 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

If you want to listen to Will Kunkel's farts into the wind, go for it. You're going to get a good variety of predictions that could mean anything and may even sometimes be true.

Again, the fact that you're still talking about Will Kunkel tells me you're really not getting it.

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Yeah, I think as great of a poster Mr. Scot has been on this board, his age really shows when it comes to Twitter. He's used to newspaper journalism and TV news ... where what's reported has been fact checked. He has yet to learn that Twitter is not reliable AT ALL ... even if the person has a blue check mark. He posts Tweets 24/7 on here and assumes it's gospel IMHO.

The biggest way to tell if a Tweet is pure opinion is if they use the word "sources". A source could be a trainer, social media kid fresh out of college, security guard, BOA stadium concession stand delivery guy, etc. who "heard something" and then told someone else, and that someone else told a "reporter" who then tweeted it out. Nothing is fact checked anymore. Twitter is the wild west.

If it doesn't have "on condition of anonymity" ... ignore it, Mr. Scot.

Oh trust me, I get all of that. The 24/7 news cycle has changed things forever.

I do remember a time when you could talk about sports more deeply, but guys like Jim Rome and Colin Cowherd have ruined that forever.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Again, the fact that you're still talking about Will Kunkel tells me you're really not getting it.

Oh trust me, I get all of that. The 24/7 news cycle has changed things forever.

I do remember a time when you could talk about sports more deeply, but guys like Jim Rome and Colin Cowherd have ruined that forever.

Yeah, I'm the one not getting it. You've totally not pivoted over and over again because you cannot accept some fans opinions.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Yeah, I'm the one not getting it. You've totally not pivoted over and over again because you cannot accept some fans opinions.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, but not everyone's opinion is informed.

But again, In a world where a discretion is moderated by guys like Skip Bayless, Colin Cowherd and the like, in an environment where opinion and reporting are one and the same, this is what I've come to expect.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

From Joe Person in The Athletic (link)

The Panthers are considering all options, but they know they would have to switch places with Arizona at 3 to ensure they get one of the top three QBs on their board. While the Panthers are impressed with Anthony Richardson’s raw talent, my sense is they view him as too big of a gamble to trade up for. Then — assuming they don’t pursue another free agent such as Jimmy Garoppolo — it becomes a matter of which QB they like best among Bryce Young, C.J. Stroud and Will Levis.

39 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

In regards to prospects and how the panthers have them ranked, do you think any of the supposed insiders Newton, Kunkle, Verge, Person etc have a fuging clue what the thought process is 3 days after the combine?  You really think someone is leaking accurate info to anyone?   Goddamn if you believe that

I’ll actually agree here

it’s been Dam Tight Lipped around here lately.

How many saw the Reich hire coming.  We weren’t finding anything really about these HC Candidates until it happened.  There were rumors going every which way.

Now it’s onto the QBs.

I think its pretty obvious they like Young as does every team.

there’s been “speculation” on Levis and ARich.

and there is Cold Hard Video Evidence that the guy who will be coaching QBs here Loving Stroud.  We got lucky to get this info from him doing  a video series on film breakdown on these prospects a month before Reich was even interviewed here for the HC position.

and Reich has already said in Ross conferences that he’s sat and discussed QB prospects with him.

Ill take that over Kunkle saying he thinks another guy is a better fit because Stroud just had 1 good game and was throwing to open WRs (which of you watch the actual Video of McCown breaking him down. He’s not)

Edited by ncfan

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I’ll actually 

it’s been Dam Tight Lipped around here lately.

How many saw the Reich hire coming.  We weren’t finding anything really about these HC Candidates until it happened.  There were rumors going every which way.

Now it’s onto the QBs.

I think its pretty obvious they like Young as does every team.

there’s been “speculation” on Levis and ARich.

and there is Cold Hard Video Evidence that the guy who will be coaching QBs here Loving Stroud.  We got lucky to get this info from him doing  a video series on film breakdown on these prospects a month before Reich was even interviewed here for the HC position.

and Reich has already said in Ross conferences that he’s sat and discussed QB prospects with him.

Ill take that over Kunkle saying he thinks another guy is a better fit because Stroud just had 1 good game and was throwing to open WRs (which of you watch the actual Video of McCown breaking him down. He’s not)

There was actually pretty ample evidence that Reich was the guy before it happened.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

From Joe Person in The Athletic (link)

The Panthers are considering all options, but they know they would have to switch places with Arizona at 3 to ensure they get one of the top three QBs on their board. While the Panthers are impressed with Anthony Richardson’s raw talent, my sense is they view him as too big of a gamble to trade up for. Then — assuming they don’t pursue another free agent such as Jimmy Garoppolo — it becomes a matter of which QB they like best among Bryce Young, C.J. Stroud and Will Levis.

The only thing that is fact is the first sentence. Everyone knows that. The rest is pure speculation. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1