• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's talk about the Will Levis hate

GOAT

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Levis is solidly fifth among the QBs I want. But there's plenty of reason to believe he could do well. That said, I stand by it:

1) Stroud
2) Richardson
3) Hooker
4) Young
5) Levis

Bryce Young is the best QB in this draft by a mile, with Stroud being a really good second option. 

Richardson I wouldn't touch in the first round and Levis I wouldn't touch at all. Hooker will be a solid QB in the NFL but never great. 

• Flames 1

15 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

How do you explain Levis having a completion percentage over 10 percent higher than ARs? Their common opponents is a fine argument but it doesn’t paint the entire picture. 

Experience of knowing when to take the underneath guy helps a lot when you’re getting pressured. There isn’t much doubt in my mind if Richardson came back for another year his completion percent would be higher. 

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

Against common opponents:

Vanderbilt , UGA, MIZ, TENN

Richardson - 75 of 137 completions (55%), 1,190 passing yards, 7 touchdown passes, 3 interceptions, 37 carries for  161 yards rushing and 2 more rushing touchdowns.  

Will Levis - 59 of 100 completions (59%), 583 passing yards, 4 touchdown passes, 5 interception, 23 carries, negative rushing yards and 0 tds.

Both teams have poor offensive pass catcher and poor offensive lineman. Don’t pretend that Florida had significantly more help around Richardson. 

Now factor in that this was Richardsons first year starting and he is two full years younger than Levis and this is why I am higher on him than I am on Levis. 

I could get behind this more if the season was four games long. But it’s not, and it doesn’t tell the whole story of how each player performed all season. Each team played 3 cupcakes, and ACC team, and 8 conference games. Levis came out with a stinger completion percentage by quite a bit.  ARs passing is a big concern to me and that’s why I’m higher on Will 

Just now, Kentucky Panther said:

I could get behind this more if the season was four games long. But it’s not, and it doesn’t tell the whole story of how each player performed all season. Each team played 3 cupcakes, and ACC team, and 8 conference games. Levis came out with a stinger completion percentage by quite a bit.  ARs passing is a big concern to me and that’s why I’m higher on Will 

I am not anti Will at all. If we draft him I am cool. I just want us to draft a QB. It is what it is. I am tired of “vet” retreads. 

I don’t want Young. I do want Stroud. If I am going to take a chance on an upside guy, I prefer Richardson over Levis but I would be happy with either. It’s just my preference. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I don’t hate Levis but after my 1st (Stroud by a 1/2 mile) and 2nd (Bryce) options it’s hard for me to find hype for him as an option. He’s not terrible, but he’s not as far along as a guy who’s played as much ball as him should be. If we were sitting at 9 with Levis/AR staring at us I’d take AR and gamble on his upside. I don’t think Levis gets much better than he is right now, mechanics included. Sam Darnold is still trying to get his lower body in sync with his upper body and he’s been in the league 5 years. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Varking said:

Experience of knowing when to take the underneath guy helps a lot when you’re getting pressured. There isn’t much doubt in my mind if Richardson came back for another year his completion percent would be higher. 

The age argument is fine. But lets not act like Will has a ton more experience. Hes been a starter for two years, and one of those years he missed some games. For the record I have stated AR has a higher ceiling 

Edited by Kentucky Panther
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

I am not anti Will at all. If we draft him I am cool. I just want us to draft a QB. It is what it is. I am tired of “vet” retreads. 

I don’t want Young. I do want Stroud. If I am going to take a chance on an upside guy, I prefer Richardson over Levis but I would be happy with either. It’s just my preference. 

You and I are very pro Stroud. So hopefully the Panthers are too

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I will never hate a guy with my first name and that has the last name of the jeans I wear.

If we can't get the top 3 im cool with developing Will Levis.

Just draft one of the top 4 please!

Giving you Pie because you think no one cares about your takes other than the ones about Lamar