• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So D.J gone..need WR's badly

Jmac

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We can win this division with Stroud or Young with this defense. We damn near won it with Darnold.

I wouldn't say we are a rebuilding roster. If we offer him the most money I can definitely see OBJ coming here. I wouldn't offer him a lot though.

Sam Darnold was the #3 overall pick just only 5 years ago & Baker .Mayfield was the #1 overall pick that very same year.just saying let's hope your right cuz if not buckle up 

Just now, Basbear said:

Hes not? did someone say this was possible?

Id put it at low single digits, but I also wouldnt call him calm bait either. 

Whats wrong with putting Shenault in the same gimmick role? 

So are we talking ourselves into a gimmick WR being the same gimmick WR, as a way to soften the blow of losing a real WR? What's the end goal, honestly?

8 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

So are we talking ourselves into a gimmick WR being the same gimmick WR, as a way to soften the blow of losing a real WR? What's the end goal, honestly?

Im lost at the thought of posters saying he could replace DJ moore. I havnt seen this. 

I see nothing wrong with him in the same role, gimmick or not. 

I do not believe he can step in for DJ moore, link me these statements, please. 

End goal is SB. 

WR-wise is very complicated. TMJ, smith, and Shenault. That may have to be the 2,3, and 4. 

Frank runs a heavy 12 look, may not need 6 WRs. Finding a late stage vet to act as another #2, that seems the realist solution. 

Edited by Basbear

D hop is not trying to play with a rookie qb, we are talking about a guy that has dealt with mediocre qb damn near his entire career 

Pray we sign some young WRs like mecole, meyers, and slayton and hit on one in the draft, maybe even look to fill the te role in fa and focus on pairing our rookie qb with one of the better WRs coming out, either way scouting department has there work cut out for them 

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Im lost at the thought of posters saying he could replace DJ moore. I havnt seen this. 

I see nothing wrong with him in the same role, gimmick or not. 

I do not believe he can step in for DJ moore, link me these statements, please. 

End goal is SB. 

WR-wise is very complicated. TMJ, smith, and Shenault. That may have to be the 2,3, and 4. 

Frank runs a heavy 12 look, may not need 6 WRs. Finding a late stage vet to act as another #2, that seems the realist solution. 

None of those guys are a WR2 and, at best, one is a WR3 but they're probably all WR4s.

11 minutes ago, pantherj said:

We will not be able to obtain the WR talent we need with this draft and the picks we have right now. A big time free agent WR signing is almost a certainty.

There is no big time WR FA.

If we make a big time WR move it will be via trade.

Hopkins/Sutton/Jeudy is probably the best we can do via trade.

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

None of those guys are a WR2 and, at best, one is a WR3 but they're probably all WR4s.

Been looking around, its slim pickin'

Both the FA and draft dont have the star level. Like a bunch of mid-2s.

Its not going to be easy. 

I originally wanted to use the 39th on a edge(yea i am a BPA stan), just wanted to add a stud and thats a fair/good spot for this draft. The other spot when this pick happens- WR

fyi Shenault was dealt form a fellow that frank should use a similar system, so........ buckle up it maybe a rough go for the next 2 years on the WR front...

the pre-tag 2024 WR looks insane, tho.

Its may have to do, best they have. I know its a looonnng limb, players do get better, TMJ did after rhule leftd.

Again may not need a top fight WR, given franks love of 12 personnel. A rookie QBs best friend is a TE. 

Still havnt seen these posts about Moore replaced by Shenault. 

more time passes, moore I miss moore. 

2 hours ago, ChrisSimmsspleen said:

I remember when Benjamin got hurt in 2015 and everyone thought it was the end of the world.  We had no other big name receivers and went 15-1.  Don't overreact guys.

good point and kelvin was huge and got hurt...