• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person: Sense around the league is they’re going up for CJ Stroud

Varking

33 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

it just seems that the only reason to go to 1 is for stroud. Levi’s will be there at 3.

Can you guarantee that?

Between pro days, visits, possible injuries, other teams trading up, etc the projected #1 pick could have changed multiple times between now and Draft Day.

This was the only way to guarantee we pick whomever we ultimately settle on 

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, Varking said:

@Kentucky Panthermaybe we got our guy. 

Half of me wants them to come out and say they’re taking him. The other half wants them to use as many days and resources as possible to make sure we make the right choice. I’ve watched a bunch of video on Stroud since we acquired one and I want him more and more. He’s got everything. 

Edited by Kentucky Panther
  • Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Let's do it. For the "He always throws to wide open WR's" crowd, these aren't easy throws

I never "picked" CJ because I always knew he was out of reach. 

They better just say their picking him, pick him, don't play games.

Go ahead and make his jersey tonight. The team store will need them.

Don't f' this up Dave especially not for...

cbs lol GIF by HULU

44 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Let's do it. For the "He always throws to wide open WR's" crowd, these aren't easy throws

This game was LITTERED with west coast style quick slants and a few deep flats. They’re not bad throws by any stretch of my imagination but Young just does so much more.

• Pie 1

From the article...

The Panthers were comfortable getting to either No. 1 or No. 2 on the draft board, according to a source with knowledge of the trade talks who was provided anonymity so he could speak freely.

That suggests the Panthers feel good about two of the QBs in the group that includes Stroud, Young and Levis, whom Tepper liked after his strong 2021 season in Lexington.

1 hour ago, RJK said:

Hearing McCown say young is a PG in his vid breakdown and hearing Reich say he’s looking for a PG at QB in his opening presser concerns me, but the pick has to be Stoud after the GA game right? Right? 

Why would that concern you? Young is the better qb as of right now 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

This game was LITTERED with west coast style quick slants and a few deep flats. They’re not bad throws by any stretch of my imagination but Young just does so much more.

How else would you game plan against that Georgia D? Bryce's game in 2021 was called pretty similar, both guys made plays when they were given the opportunity. It really is gonna be splitting hairs between the two of them in my opinion. Bryce had to do more this past year with a weaker roster. CJ coasted against mediocre teams, but also had tougher weather games with crazy wind, all that has to go into consideration for both guys

• Beer 1