• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Schefter: Tepper likes Young, Reich likes Stroud

top dawg

23 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I heard tepper was the one who convinced luke to retire. He also told the doctor to misdiagnose cam’s shoulder. He also paid Firestone to fug up cam’s truck tires so that his truck would flip.

let’s not forget, Tepper is the reason we signed Rodney peete!

Without Rodney Peete, does Delhomme ever get a shot? 🤔

Thanks Tep!

• Beer 1

40 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I think it’s smoke and mirrors to try to hustle a 2nd or 3rd out of Houston. It’s going to be Stroud, he shown all year he was the best passer. I wouldn’t be mad about Young since he’s really good too, but even putting aside the size concerns Stroud is better at getting the football to his receivers. 

I think if we bother trading off one to 2 we better get 12 for our second round pick as well

46 minutes ago, top dawg said:

OK. I've been listening to Sports Center, Adam Schefter indeed has said that David Tepper likes Bryce Young and Frank Reich likes C.J. Stroud. Schefter also is talking like the final decision isn't set in stone. Of course we could try and "play" the Texans to see if we can recoup some draft picks if we indeed figure out who they want, but I digress. If Schefter is right, I would think that Reich has to win out, right? Tepper will give in to the football guys (Frank and presumably Josh McCown), don't you think? Or, does Tepper feel so strongly about it that he overrules his guys? I can't see that happening. Well, we could be playing a game of smoke and mirrors. I think we will have both come in for visits, and if it is truly up in the air, private workouts and pro days will take on some importance. 

This is very compelling stuff. I was pretty sure that it would be Bryce, but after listening to the back-and-forth all evening, I don't know if the Stroud stuff is real or just hype. Intellectually, I'd still bet Young is the guy based upon the ****** picture, including his processing, character and collegiate career, but you never know how the size thing plays out, and Stroud's display of what I'll call raising-the-ceiling talent that began versus Georgia and carried over to the NFL Combine could be the tipping point.

We gave up a lot, and whether it's Stroud or Young, they better get it right. Scott Fitterer said that if you move up, you better have some conviction. Well, if we are to believe Schefter, then we have some conviction in two guys. Intellectually, it makes sense, but in a practical sense, I'd think that you'd go with the HC. But, it's Tepper's team. But, it's also advantageous to keep it all close to the vest. I'm genuinely confused. Oh well. I can see both of the QBs working out, so...

strouds "processing" ability went out the window when he told the media his two favorite qbs were michael vick and deshaun watson

• Poo 1

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Valid, but he ultimately didn't force what would have been a terrible decision.

I've never been one of Tepper's biggest fans, but I wanna be fair to him at least.

He couldn't force it. Watson tossed Carolina from the running. If he hadn't, I fully believe Watson would have been a Panther. 

41 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I mean you say that, but Bryce was great in the SEC. He isn't far off from getting the football to the receivers, if he's off at all. I am an SEC believer, but that's only because it's true: the SEC is simply the best conference in football (with the best players and the best competition).

Absolutely, Young was great. Stroud is just that good though. I mean, there are peripheral skills that Young is better at, the scrambling, extending plays, that kind of thing. But when it comes to deciding who to throw to and then making a throw that gives the receiver the best chance to catch it, that’s Stroud. Best I’ve seen at it in a while. Young is the best I’ve seen in a couple years outside of Stroud.  

7 minutes ago, toldozer said:

I think if we bother trading off one to 2 we better get 12 for our second round pick as well

Ain’t no way they’re giving up a first just to move one spot. Gotta be reasonable. A third is probably the best we could hope for. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze
Just noticed it looks like you’re saying 1 and 39 for 2 and 12? I still think that’s probably way too heavy in our favor to be reasonable

Just now, Mother Grabber said:

next years first is possible, especially if they think we’re taking their guy.

Eh, I doubt it but we’ll see. Past precedent has been a third if I recall correctly. We might be able to get a second given the circumstances but a first seems like it’d be too much