• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which of these FA WRs would you want to go after?

TheBigKat

Just now, Varking said:

I want to help out my rookie QB this year. I don’t want him going into this season knowing it’s a wasted year. 

Okay he doesn’t need a perfect team his 1st season.. He is being drafted this high by a team that didn’t make a playoff for reason.. Because it’s not a fully formed team yet.. You can’t do everything this offseason..

19 hours ago, shaq said:

Honestly speaking, this free agent WR market is so poo that all these dudes gonna be overpaid. 

Almost like trading Moore was a dumb mistake. Now you have to hope you can get his production from far inferior players. And you gotta do it for less money, which is impossible. 

31 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

Okay he doesn’t need a perfect team his 1st season.. He is being drafted this high by a team that didn’t make a playoff for reason.. Because it’s not a fully formed team yet.. You can’t do everything this offseason..

He could’ve gone to a more formed team if the morons that be were convinced on one QB and willing to trade picks for him instead of the very talent they need to make Mystery QB a success.

7 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

He could’ve gone to a more formed team if the morons that be were convinced on one QB and willing to trade picks for him instead of the very talent they need to make Mystery QB a success.

How?? And what thought are you trying to say here??

2 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

How?? And what thought are you trying to say here??

If your heart is set on one QB, you trade up for him. You want him to succeed if your heart is set on him, so you pair him with an excellent WR. And, if your heart is set on him, you don’t flinch when replacing his only weapon with an extra pick in the trade. That’s what I’m saying here.  

1 hour ago, Varking said:

I’ve seen rookie QBs put up good numbers out of the gate. Outside of Pitts there’s no modern TE that has. 

That's no reason not to draft one though. I fully expect us to sign a mid tier WR and TE for this year. Vet guys who are reliable pass catchers. Guys who may not be explosive or shifty, but reliable when the ball goes their way. It would be great if Tremble took a step forward. I'm also looking forward to seeing what Jefferson can get out of TMJ, Shenault, and Smith. It is possible with this staff that we have some answers on the roster, though I wouldn't go into the season banking on that.

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

If your heart is set on one QB, you trade up for him. You want him to succeed if your heart is set on him, so you pair him with an excellent WR. And, if your heart is set on him, you don’t flinch when replacing his only weapon with an extra pick in the trade. That’s what I’m saying here.  

It sounds like you formed a very strong opinion but did not read any of the contextual information regarding the trade. 

• Pie 1

Almost like trading Moore was a dumb mistake. Now you have to hope you can get his production from far inferior players. And you gotta do it for less money, which is impossible. 

Yeah we should have kept him and drafted an inferior talent at 9.

Or traded up to 3 while giving up similar draft capital and also still drafting some inferior because the colts moved to 1

in both scenarios it makes 0 sense to settle on an inferior quarterback when you are trying to find the most coveted position in sports. 

It’s time to get over moore being gone. Name cam’s receivers in 2015 and 2017.

• Flames 1

Sidenote: the trade was never going to happen without Moore being included. The Bears pushed for this.

Okay!! 
Now a few Questions..

Do you have to do that year 1 of a 5 year experience???

If you can’t is that the end all to be all??

Have you seen the FA list right now and the draft???

Are Any of them going to be a number 1 great WR day 1???

So again is this going to be the end of this experience if you can’t get your great WR year 1??

Do you trust the staff you assembled to be able to navigate until you get the Number 1 great WR???

Edited by Sub Zero