• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National media bias is real

NAS

Steve and Luke get a ton of credit and are/were always highly regarded, so while I don't disagree with the general point your inclusion of those two undercuts it.

Also, Carolina has sucked in a boring way (nothing like the Jags/Meyer circus, Hue in Cleveland, etc) while DJ has been in the league and crappy teams don't tend to get attention. Nothing really new there.

• Pie 6

15 minutes ago, frankw said:

Nobody got fleeced in the trade it's an unknown until we see our future QB and DJ Moore in a bears uniform. But folks already declaring Moore a dud in Chicago before he's already suited up may want to slow their roll.

topic is national media.  DJ Moore is no dud but folks acting like we traded Tyreek Hill

• Pie 4

11 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Steve and Luke get a ton of credit and are/were always highly regarded, so while I don't disagree with the general point your inclusion of those two undercuts it.

Also, Carolina has sucked in a boring way (nothing like the Jags/Meyer circus, Hue in Cleveland, etc) while DJ has been in the league and crappy teams don't tend to get attention. Nothing really new there.

Steve and Luke get the minimal credits, they can't be ignored completely, but you're delusional if you don't think they would have been put on much higher pedestal if they played in bigger markets

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, NAS said:

topic is national media.  DJ Moore is no dud but folks acting like we traded Tyreek Hill

Obviously he is not Hill or Jefferson or Chase. But the onus is on us to not only replace him but considering we discarded him we must find an even better replacement. Trading him was the easy part.

Just now, Castavar said:

People and media are saying "BONAFIDE #1" lol Yeah no. I put him in that Gabe Davis, Devonta Smith, Mike Williams range. Moore is a good player, he is not elite like the media is making him out to be.

I think he's somewhere in between, he is a below average WR#1 because he doesn't dominate and barely scores touchdowns. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, NAS said:

Steve and Luke get the minimal credits, they can't be ignored completely, but you're delusional if you don't think they would have been put on much higher pedestal if they played in bigger markets

And I think that both will ultimately achieve the highest honor, as they should, regardless of where they played. Hell, NFL types give them their props right now. At the end of the day that's really all that matters. Once you're in the HOF, you're in the HOF.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Obviously he is not Hill or Jefferson or Chase. But the onus is on us to not only replace him but considering we discarded him we must find an even better replacement. Trading him was the easy part.

Oh no, how will we replace his 888 receiving yards!

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

And I think that both will ultimately achieve the highest honor, as they should, regardless of where they played. Hell, NFL types give them their props right now. At the end of the day that's really all that matters. Once you're in the HOF, you're in the HOF

You're totally missing the point.  But I'm fine, it's time for Panthers to flip the narrative for the next decade.