• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Updates

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Meyers will be expensive. I told you earlier he's the best WR in FA so he will be looking to be the highest paid of all the WR's.

Juju is a tik tok fanboy. He needs to be with a QB that will keep him in check. Not sure he is what we need for a rookie QB.

No one signed any WRs yet. That has to be lowering their price tag right?

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Thanks to all the posting

Maybe teams are not willing to repeat what the jags did. I could be eating those words tomorrow.........

What's that?

Go out and sign someone who would end the season 14th in the league in yards and score 8 TDs?

Yea, that's a terrible idea.

(yes, I get what you're saying is to do what everyone felt was a massive overpay for a player given their history, but clearly it wasn't a bad signing in the end and he should only improve in another season with Trevor)

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

No one signed any WRs yet. That has to be lowering their price tag right?

I would watch out for the Bills they just created 32 mil and need another WR. Possibly trading for Hopkins or going after OBJ/Meyers in FA.

Edited by CamWhoaaCam

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I would watch out for the Bills they just created 32 mil and need another WR. Possibly trading for Hopkins or going after OBJ/Meyers in FA.

Can't see the Bills wanting someone like Hopkins unless they also get rid of Diggs.

Diggs is amazing, but he is a bit of a diva at times and needs a lot of passes thrown his way.  They're not going out there and getting someone like Hopkins who also would demand a lot of targets and risk having more games of Diggs pouting like his did late last year.

I think they'd be more looking at someone like a Thielen, solid possession WR from the slot who will settle in just fine getting 4-6 targets a game and be a nice safety valve for Allen for when he can't push it downfield to Diggs.

Edited by tukafan21

5 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

What's that?

Go out and sign someone who would end the season 14th in the league in yards and score 8 TDs?

Yea, that's a terrible idea.

(yes, I get what you're saying is to do what everyone felt was a massive overpay for a player given their history, but clearly it wasn't a bad signing in the end and he should only improve in another season with Trevor)

Kirk did earn part of that, how about jones???

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Kirk did earn part of that, how about jones???

What about him?

He signed a 3 year, $24 million deal and went out and put up 82 catches (21st), 823 yards (35th), and 5 TDs (34th).

Nothing wrong with that for $8 million a year at all.

And again, this was in their first year with Trevor and a new coaching staff, that offense is on the rise.  They also added Evan Engram last offseason too, I think they killed it for getting Lawrence weapons last year.

You can say they overpaid for both of them given what people expected their market value to be.  But they clearly saw something in both of them and paid them where they thought they'd perform, and they did the job.

Edited by tukafan21

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Can't see the Bills wanting someone like Hopkins unless they also get rid of Diggs.

Diggs is amazing, but he is a bit of a diva at times and needs a lot of passes thrown his way.  They're not going out there and getting someone like Hopkins who also would demand a lot of targets and risk having more games of Diggs pouting like his did late last year.

I think they'd be more looking at someone like a Thielen, solid possession WR from the slot who will settle in just fine getting 4-6 targets a game and be a nice safety valve for Allen for when he can't push it downfield to Diggs.

Yeah I was just throwing out names.

Could also be for a RB as well. Derrick Henry makes sense. Imagine defending Allen and Henry in the same backfield. Sheesh!

They have a lot of options that's a good chunk of space to make some key moves.

Just now, tukafan21 said:

What about him?

He signed a 3 year, $24 million deal and went out and put up 82 catches (21st), 823 yards (35th), and 5 TDs (34th).

Nothing wrong with that for $8 million a year at all.

And again, this was in their first year with Trevor and a new coaching staff, that offense is on the rise.  They also added Evan Engram last offseason too, I think they killed it for getting Lawrence weapons last year.

Much better than I thought, that was shocking too. But I can not say he didnt back it up........now hes just not get naked in motel while on ghb. 

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah I was just throwing out names.

Could also be for a RB as well. Derrick Henry makes sense. Imagine defending Allen and Henry in the same backfield. Sheesh!

They have a lot of options that's a good chunk of space to make some key moves.

Isn’t Ekler wanting a trade? Also I think Buffalo was above the cap before they made those moves.