• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Updates

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Zod said:

Y'all sleeping on terrace marshall already huh?

Guy hasn't even had a legit NFL coach yet. 

Just wait and see.

He's the only reason I'm not screaming from the mountains for Rashee Rice.

That said it still would help to have more than him and Shi Smith. 

25 minutes ago, Randolph Panther said:

For those of you that know the league better than me who are some solid wide receivers we could target in a trade?

Oops reading comprehension can be tough. I had two option that are straight up free agents.  Personally I like two guys. 

Mack Hollins.  Played his college ball at UNC.  Big possession guy.  Flashed a bit when Devante was not healthy in Vegas. 

Parris Campbell.  Not the sum of his parts yet.  Had some decent games in Indy. Familiar with what our new offense might look like. 

As far as trade guys Courland Sutton is being shopped. I like him.  Could be our new number 1 WR. 

Edited by mickeye76
Not done.
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Rags said:

That hasn't stopped dumb GMs in the past tho.

All it takes is one Gringson. 

It's true. But this WR market is REALLY bad. There's a reason why the Bear REALLY wanted DJ Moore. The draft is weak too, at least on the top end. I actually like the WR depth in this draft but it doesn't have the guys who project as potential stars.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

Parris Campbell.  Not the sum of his parts yet.  Had some decent games in Indy. Familiar with what our new offense might look like. 

I expect this. Connection is obvious but his playstyle fills a need.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's true. But this WR market is REALLY bad. There's a reason why the Bear REALLY wanted DJ Moore. The draft is weak too, at least on the top end. I actually like the WR depth in this draft but it doesn't have the guys who project as potential stars.

We need some gems.  Some hidden gems.  They are there.

I’m fine with TMJ as our WR2, but give me a strong WR1 in a trade like Sutton, and sign Paris Campbell to man the slot. Plus whoever we add in the draft you now have a pretty talented WR room for a rookie QB to work with.  TE will also have to be addressed..

Edited by NJPanthers89

1 minute ago, NJPanthers89 said:

I’m fine with TMJ as our WR2, but give me a strong WR1 in a trade like Sutton, and sign Paris Campbell to man the slot. Plus whoever we add in the draft you now have a pretty talented WR room for a rookie QB to work with.  TE will also have to be addressed..

The same fanbase that tried to argue that DJ Moore wasn't a #1 WR is now gonna try to sell me that Courtland Sutton is a "strong WR1"?

seriously-are-you-serious.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Pie 5

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The same fanbase that tried to argue that DJ Moore wasn't a #1 WR is now gonna try to sell me that Courtland Sutton is a "strong WR1"?

seriously-are-you-serious.gif&f=1&nofb=1

I know this is directed at those posters who rly undervalued D.J. but tbf I think a healthy Sutton and healthy D.J. are the same tier of WR1

Some sundays they'll disappear but you're glad hey're on your roster for like 12-13 of those sundays. 

Edited by Rags

13 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

Oops reading comprehension can be tough. I had two option that are straight up free agents.  Personally I like two guys. 

Mack Hollins.  Played his college ball at UNC.  Big possession guy.  Flashed a bit when Devante was not healthy in Vegas. 

As far as trade guys Courland Sutton is being shopped. I like him.  Could be our new number 1 WR. 

What are we going to give for Courtland Sutton? The only thing that makes sense is a 5th. They are going to want a lot more.

Despite what many think, this is a rebuild.

8 minutes ago, NJPanthers89 said:

We don't need a WR1, WR2, WR3, we just need three solid receivers. Every contender has at least three guys who can stretch the field vertically, horizontally, and behind the LOS. Then you have the elite tight ends on those teams as well which we don't have. 

We are in a rebuild guys, which I'm fine with. This is going to be more like 2011 than 2013 (which I feel most people are expecting).

• Beer 1