• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1st Rd

scratched

Thoughts on a package of picks to move up to the middle to end of 1st rd to get a TE? Maybe next years 1st and this years 3rd for a pick around the 15-18 spot? Or do we sit and hope one is still there at 39? A quality TE is a must, either a FA, or thru the draft. Would any of you trade next years first to get Mayer? If we came out of this years 1st rd with Stroud and Mayer, that would be quite the start to the Reich regime!

• Poo 1

Just now, scratched said:

Thoughts on a package of picks to move up to the middle to end of 1st rd to get a TE? Maybe next years 1st and this years 3rd for a pick around the 15-18 spot? Or do we sit and hope one is still there at 39? A quality TE is a must, either a FA, or thru the draft. Would any of you trade next years first to get Mayer? If we came out of this years 1st rd with Stroud and Mayer, that would be quite the start to the Reich regime!

We don’t have a first round pick next year. We traded it to Chicago for the #1 pick.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, exactlyzack said:

We don’t have a first round pick next year. We traded it to Chicago for the #1 pick.

Thats right, how quickly I forgot. Getting old is hell! I just think our TE position made it that much harder on our WR room. They were terrible! 

Edited by scratched

Not a fan of this, if anything trade back in the 2nd to pick up some more picks. Rookie QB with an elite OL and solid coaching staff is already a pretty damn good situation, we can add weapons in time. One TE I'd actually have my eye on is TJ Hockenson. MN just traded for him this past season but they also just signed a TE today for relatively big money and I wonder if their negotiations with Hock haven't gone well (he's a free agent next year). I'd be calling them about him and/or getting ready to target him next year in FA. Schultz could be another option but is likely going to be too expensive for not really being a top tier TE.

3 minutes ago, scratched said:

This is the worst thread I’ve seen in a while for so many reasons

We've already made our big move up. Making another big move up this year would leave us just devoid of future draft capital. We're just gonna have to sit and wait and see what falls into our laps at #39. If there are several intriguing options, I might even consider moving down a bit if there are enticing offers.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, scratched said:

For what reason? Because I forgot we traded next years first? 

Yes that is a big reason, that’s just misinformation if you create a thread you should use accurate information. Combined with the fact it’s just illogical to trade what minimal picks we have remaining due to trading up to the first pick. Also, with the fact that this is one of the deepest tight end drafts in recent memory and there will be a great prospect available with our pick in the second round, unless there was some crazy run on tight ends. I’m sorry if I came off rude but I just don’t see the purpose of this thread. If anything honestly we should be looking at trading back to return some picks.