• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Bengals TE Hayden Hurst

TheSpecialJuan

58 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Offensive weapons…I mean Hurst is ok but he doesn’t change that or even close. This franchise will doom our new QB if they don’t get him a WR. It’s going to be bad, really bad. 

That’s said it’s really the only major need with oline depth and LB next. I wouldn’t be mad if Fit moved up back into the first for someone. Even then we need vets.

Yeah, I don’t think we are done with FA or trading. I’m just saying it is shaping up nicely for us. It’s heading in that direction and it’s not far away. 

2 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Not to be a Debbie Downer but there’s some truth. Dalton, Hurst and Thielin and even Jamal Williams don’t make us close to a scary offense. None of them can be the guy who can still do a lot when the D focuses on them. No matter which FA WRs we sign, there’s no one who can go against the #1 CB or be the doubled guy and perform well. DJ wasn’t elite but no FA is close to him.

You cant fill all holes on a team in one offseason.  Sometimes you have to use a bandaid for a season or two.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We have the 2nd richest owner in football.

I think we will be fine watching him pay Nuk.

We are fans we don't pay the players bro. If you scared go to church!

Do you understand there is a salary cap?  The only aspect you can throw your money around with is coaching and Tepper has said as much.

3 hours ago, OldhamA said:

You'd have to pay me a lot to leave the Bengals tbh. I'd want one of the best QBs in the league throwing me the ball if I was a skill position player.

Burrows is a really good QB, but there's a lot of talent for him to choose from. Hayden will get a lot more touches in Carolina. It's nice to be the top dog.

• Pie 2

He’s gone over 500 yards once in his career, he gives you 300-350 yards a year most years. 

It’s better than Thomas for sure for he’s not terrific. 

I’ll take any starter upgrade I can get so this is positive news but it’s nothing to write home about. 

1 hour ago, Tr3ach said:

Do you understand there is a salary cap?  The only aspect you can throw your money around with is coaching and Tepper has said as much.

Do you understand you can work around the salary cap?

How do you think these teams are signing and trading for these players?

Not every team has cap space...

1 hour ago, Varking said:

He’s gone over 500 yards once in his career, he gives you 300-350 yards a year most years. 

It’s better than Thomas for sure for he’s not terrific. 

I’ll take any starter upgrade I can get so this is positive news but it’s nothing to write home about. 

Agreed!

I'm hoping we pick up a TE in this draft with Superstar potential

Hayden Hurst, Darnell Washington, Tommy Tremble 

spacer.png

• Flames 1