• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are the Panthers unsure of who their #1 is or is it just a smokescreen…

mc52beast

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

This gives them control, regardless.  We are getting a really good QB, regardless.  I can make an argument for either, although, based on what I know and have seen, I prefer Stroud.  

These contracts are for 3 years--I get the feeling that they want stability around this new QB--and they plan on starting him.  Only Dalton has a 2 year deal

The most common criticisms by people seem to be the talent that Stroud played with. I'd agree if it looked like he danced around and just waited for guys to pop open but if you watch him, you see a lot of timing, 1-2-3 and the ball is out, and smart decisions, particularly when he was playing UGA. He also played 30 games in college which, as it turns out, matters when it comes to the NFL. Brock Purdy was a 4 year starter at Iowa State and it showed. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I will concede the others could be concerning but he was all business at the combine and blew people away with how serious he was and how mature he was in his interviews.  Furthermore I think that is his leadership style is to lead by example and be the first one in last one out type of dude.  Pretty sure I read all his teammates love him

I don't really care one way or the other at this point. I just remember seeing stuff being posted about it.

Give me

GettyImages-1453552315.jpg

or

Levis-e1630686915908.jpg

at 1 so I can watch the fanboys lose their poo

It should be Young . In a vacuum, Stroud is the better QB right now but Young just has...'it'. The way he moves around in the pocket and zips the ball is  Mahomes lite. We KNOW that Young can produce with subpar talent, we have no idea what Stroud is capable of playing with crap WRs, crap line etc. 

Tepper seems like a guy that loves to make splashes and wave his dick around. That is probably why there are rumors that he prefers Young

Can you imagine how busy the coaches and FO staff have been?  There was the HC selection process.  Then there was filling out all the staff which took a while.  They must all be watching film 20 hrs a day and reading scouting reports to evaluate players, free agency and develop a tentative plan for the draft.  Besides that the coaches are working together to develop the schemes on their side of the ball which also affects player selection.  I am sure there are strong opinions on the QB pick and I would think there are 2 or maybe 3 QBs they feel like are above the rest.  The smart thing to do would be for them to take a deep dive into these prospects to solidify the fav.  So, is there a fav now?  Probably.  Could that change...might. IMO.

Edited by ladypanther
  • Pie 3

After watching some more of Levis' highlight videos, it dawned on me that his "highlight" out-route throws and quick hits are gonna be easy pick-sixes in the NFL. He stands tall in the pocket, but the narrow escapes his passes had in college will make DBs salivate. In short: this dude is gonna throw a lot of interceptions and very few touchdown passes.

It's exactly like trading Muhsin Muhammad, two firsts and more for the rights to move up and grab Randy Fasani No. 1 in 2002.