• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers have significant interest in WR Paris Campbell

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

Reich and Fitterer must want to be unemployed really quickly if they gave up the house for a guy who'd have been there at 7 or 9. That's also not mentioning his status as Josh Rosen 2.0.

Bro its stroud.  If they wanted AR or Levis they would have moved to 3 and kept moore.  I think the national media guys are just trying to create content and refusing to look at all of the signs that its stroud. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

I'm just saying. I lend some credence to a slip like that.

How the fug would he know?  Seriously who in our front office A)knows definitively who the pick is and B)willing to risk their job telling him?

It literally makes no sense, what are you gaining by telling him?

• Beer 1

NFL Free Agency Capsule: WR Parris Campbell

Campbell proved his durability while showcasing his playmaking skills during the 2022 season.

2022 by the numbers:

17 games (16 starts)
980 snaps
91 targets
63 receptions
623 yards
3 TDs
5 rushes
58 yards
Career stats:

32 games (24 starts)
1,416 snaps
144 targets
97 receptions
983 yards
5 TDs
11 rushes
108 yards
What you need to know

Campbell set out to prove in 2022 that he could be durable and reliable after three years of awful injury luck limited him to just 15 games from 2019-2021. Not only did Campbell play in all 17 games, he played the second-most snaps among Colts skill position players – behind only Michael Pittman Jr. – in 2022.

And Campbell was productive when he was on the field despite having the seventh-lowest average air yards per target (6.4) among wide receivers last season. He flashed his explosive acceleration and top-end speed on a handful of occasions, like his 28-yard jet sweep sprint against the Washington Commanders in Week 8 and his catch-and-run touchdown against the Las Vegas Raiders in Week 10.

Pro Football Focus ranked Campbell as the No. 7 free agent wide receiver in 2023, and at 25 years old, he'll be among the youngest free agents available this spring.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Why are we putting out smokescreens?  Why have the #1 pick

Same reason they're putting out there that they'll trade out of the first pick because they like more than one QB. It's a dumb theory, but equally dumb is the fear that Rapaport has some inside information on who the Panthers are picking. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Again, whats the point of creating a smokescreen?  It literally serves no purpose

There is a small possibility we trade down, though I doubt it happens.

I don't think they know for sure yet who they are drafting though.

2 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Same reason they're putting out there that they'll trade out of the first pick because they like more than one QB. It's a dumb theory, but equally dumb is the fear that Rapaport has some inside information on who the Panthers are picking. 

Its beyond dumb and the fact that its even a discussion point just makes me shake my head.  These writers know what the deal is.  I wish one would just lay it out there with some honesty instead of trying to be cute and manufacture content

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

There is a small possibility we trade down, though I doubt it happens.

I don't think they know for sure yet who they are drafting though.

There is literally no chance we trade down?  Why?  What is houston going to give us that they wouldnt give the bears?  Or you think its possible we go further then 2?  There is literally no chance we trade down.