• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper redeems the franchise..

Jmac

I would pump the brakes. They’re  already making an absolute mess with the cap

Von bell, Shy Tuttle, Hayden Hurst and Miles = $37 mill next season. None of them can be cut to save anything of significance. So I’m sure they’ll restructure some of these but these are the exact types of contracts you don’t want to be restructuring. Just like they already did with Donte which was so unnecessary 

People think we have a boat load of cash next year but that doesn’t account for Burns extension which will be a big hit since they’ll lower this years number, Derrick brown 5th year option (11 mill), Jeremy Chinn is a FA, Luvu will be a FA, Shaq‘s new extension isn’t counted for yet. I’m sure I’m forgetting a few other things 

Like I said earlier, Scott has a job to save and he is absolutely destroying our future for guys like Tuttle, Bell and Hurst. 

We’re about to have the benefit of a QB on a rookie deal and I don’t want to see the same thing happen as it did when we had Cam

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

I would pump the brakes. They’re  already making an absolute mess with the cap

Von bell, Shy Tuttle, Hayden Hurst and Miles = $37 mill next season. None of them can be cut to save anything of significance. So I’m sure they’ll restructure some of these but these are the exact types of contracts you don’t want to be restructuring. Just like they already did with Donte which was so unnecessary 

People think we have a boat load of cash next year but that doesn’t account for Burns extension which will be a big hit since they’ll lower this years number, Derrick brown 5th year option (11 mill), Jeremy Chinn is a FA, Luvu will be a FA, Shaq‘s new extension isn’t counted for yet. I’m sure I’m forgetting a few other things 

Like I said earlier, Scott has a job to save and he is absolutely destroying our future for guys like Tuttle, Bell and Hurst. 

We’re about to have the benefit of a QB on a rookie deal and I don’t want to see the same thing happen as it did when we had Cam

Agree with this, aside from Bell, the others were market overpays by 20-30%. I really don't like paying that much for a tight end that isn't Kelce, Gronk, Olsen tier. Much rather would have saved the money for next offseason and get more high impact players.

I mean is going from Thomas to Hurst really going to buy you extra wins this season with that contract?

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not sure if anyone's said it but to be clear, I don't think Tepper needs to redeem the franchise so much as he needs to redeem himself as it's owner.

I’d say both. 

this franchise has 5 straight losing seasons under his ownership.  That’s the Tepper Panthers.   Only 2 franchises are on a worse run 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I’d say both. 

this franchise has 5 straight losing seasons under his ownership.  That’s the Tepper Panthers.   Only 2 franchises are on a worse run 

The franchise isn't an entity to itself. It's a personification of the people who run it.

For the first two years, that was Marty. For the last three, it was Rhule.

That's what we have to be redeemed from.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

The franchise isn't an entity to itself. It's a personification of the people who run it.

For the first two years, that was Marty. For the last three, it was Rhule.

That's what we have to be redeemed from.

Yeah, I don’t agree with what that.  That’s selective blame. 

It’s Tepper’s team.  He hires those guys.  He is the constant and will be. 

and you are selectively laying all the blame where convenient.  For example, claiming it was all Marty and then all Rhule.   

and whatever power Rhule did or didn’t have….clearly changed after 2022 when he should of been fired and they didn’t.  Which you omit. 

it’s just carving out a safe space for Tepper and Fitt IMO.  Who easily could just be equally as problematic as Rhule in their own way.   Fitt for example can go down as worse than Marty.  That’s still exists as a possibility. 

• Flames 1

I mean do a hypothetical and say they miss on this #1…..and then do breakdown the draft picks and all moves under under Fitts watch? 

it won’t be pretty.  I still think we should have had a complete overhaul and paired up the GM/HC.   Put them on the same timeline.  

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah, I don’t agree with what that.  That’s selective blame. 

It’s Tepper’s team.  He hires those guys.  He is the constant and will be. 

and you are selectively laying all the blame where convenient.  For example, claiming it was all Marty and then all Rhule.   

and whatever power Rhule did or didn’t have….clearly changed after 2022 when he should of been fired and they didn’t.  Which you omit. 

it’s just carving out a safe space for Tepper and Fitt IMO.  Who easily could just be equally as problematic as Rhule in their own way.   Fitt for example can go down as worse than Marty.  That’s still exists as a possibility. 

I cited the people who had final say.

Trusting the wrong people is Tepper's fault, but you can't personify "the franchise" as if it's a living thing. It's run by people.

In the past it's been run by people who didn't know what they were doing, and yes putting those people in those positions is Tepper's fault, but it's not like he made all the moves himself.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Fitt for example can go down as worse than Marty.  That’s still exists as a possibility. 

It is certainly possible.  I have not jumped on the small "Fitt must go" bandwagon because we have no idea how little or how much he had to say about things when The Process was here. 

In other words, I don't think I have any measurement that can be used to reliably assess him prior to October 10th.

That problem is on Tepper.  It has been hashed, rehashed, and rerehashed to death, but giving any HC that type of control is beyond stupid, but especially one whose previous experience with the NFL amounted to a cup of coffee.

Between Hurney and The Process, what we learned is Tepper was vulnerable to BS artists.  He may have figured that out now.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I cited the people who had final say.

Trusting the wrong people is Tepper's fault, but you can't personify "the franchise" as if it's a living thing. It's run by people.

In the past it's been run by people who didn't know what they were doing, and yes putting those people in those positions is Tepper's fault, but it's not like he made all the moves himself.

Yeah, but we don’t actually know a lot of that.  That’s my point.  It’s all politically BS talk.   And you never get a clear cut answer for the most part.  Who had final say? 

who was the final say on Icky?

Horn?

Trading CMC? 

Trading up for the #1 overall? 

The Jets boys? And there bad deals? 

when Rhule left he sure took the stance his power was overblown.  Probably was from the narrative here IMO.  

and the biggest red flag for me. Is our actions never matched the rhetoric coming out.    What was our plan? Came off like there were always 2 different ones in our front office.  Build slow and win now moves.  Once the Ron era ended…..we have never appeared to have a sound vision/plan IMO.  

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah, but we don’t actually know a lot of that.  That’s my point.  It’s all politically BS talk.   And you never get a clear cut answer for the most part.  Who had final say? 

who was the final say on Icky?

Horn?

Trading CMC? 

Trading up for the #1 overall? 

The Jets boys? And there bad deals? 

when Rhule left he sure took the stance his power was overblown.  Probably was from the narrative here IMO.  

and the biggest red flag for me. Is our actions never matched the rhetoric coming out.    What was our plan? Came off like there were always 2 different ones in our front office.  Build slow and win now moves.  Once the Ron era ended…..we have never appeared to have a sound vision/plan IMO.  

Yeah, we do. Both from the behind the scenes stuff and from the way things are being conducted now as opposed to how they used to be.

I know some don't want to accept it (some due to preconceived notions or in your case probably because you just want to argue about it) but it's pretty obvious.

I'd add that if part of your argument is taking what Matt Rhule said after his departure seriously, well... 😆

Edited by Mr. Scot

If we pick the right QB, Reich will get the credit. If we pick the wrong QB Tepper will get the blame. Either way I'm not going to go to bat for a billionaire. Let him get the heat. My biggest complaint is that for both our pro teams he hasn't put his money where his mouth is regarding facilities. He got a bubble and that's about it. 

44 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

It is certainly possible.  I have not jumped on the small "Fitt must go" bandwagon because we have no idea how little or how much he had to say about things when The Process was here. 

In other words, I don't think I have any measurement that can be used to reliably assess him prior to October 10th.

That problem is on Tepper.  It has been hashed, rehashed, and rerehashed to death, but giving any HC that type of control is beyond stupid, but especially one whose previous experience with the NFL amounted to a cup of coffee.

Between Hurney and The Process, what we learned is Tepper was vulnerable to BS artists.  He may have figured that out now.

Maybe Tepper was duped.  Maybe he just is a bad decision maker or lacks actual patience outside of the very specific finance world he comes from….and he is interfering in all the plans 

Rock Hill was go and then a no go

The Charlotte property was a go and then a no go 

We were going to hire Rhule and build long and slow.   Then we are running after Stafford, Watson and everyone with a pulse and trading away draft picks.   That never jived.  Still doesn’t. 

He brought back Rhule in 2023.  Then fired him early in the season. That never really made sense.   Either way you cut it.  Letting him stink made the most sense once you made the mistake to bring him back.  

Then we traded away all the skill players you would want to have around a rookie QB….and now we look prepared to draft a QB #1 overall.   And we gave up a ton to get to #1 when a top prospect likely could have been got at our initial spot.   

Hope for the best.  Tepper just doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt IMO st this point.  He has to earn the respect given how consistently bad things have gone