• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter: Bryce Young is believed to be favorite for #1 for the Panthers right now

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

I do not have any intel on that source-wise. However, my personal opinon is that the Panthers wont try to get cute and risk losing out on CJ. If they are spendin all of these resources going through tape, reviews, phone calls, and background investigations... you dont want to lose that pick bc of a cute play.

Yep.   We could trade with Houston and they could flip it to Indy.   

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Are they also putting this out there just to mess with the Texans?

You are waaay too emotional on this topic, dude.

stripes-francis-francis.gif

Yes they are

You’re the only person the Panthers seem to be fooling here 

Fitterer tells the beat reporters they’re open to trading down after making the trade. These beat reporters take it and run with it which is exactly what the Panthers want. The big name “insider” guys then start throwing it around and that’s how this all works 

The Panthers traded up to get their guy. They don’t have 2-3 in mind. They have 1. The ONLY team they’d trade with is Houston. Carolina wants to get Houston to trade up a spot for a guy that they’re not taking. It’s not happening.

It’s actually all pretty ridiculous 

• Pie 3

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

Yes they are

Fitterer tells the beat reporters they’re open to trading down after making the trade. These beat reporters take it and run with it which is exactly what the Panthers want. The big name “insider” guys then start throwing it around and that’s how this all works 

The Panthers traded up to get their guy. They don’t have 2-3 in mind. They have 1. The ONLY team they’d trade with is Houston. Carolina wants to get Houston to trade up a spot for a guy that they’re not taking. It’s not happening.

Sure, dude 😆

Just now, TheCasillas said:

I do not have any intel on that source-wise. However, my personal opinon is that the Panthers wont try to get cute and risk losing out on CJ. If they are spendin all of these resources going through tape, reviews, phone calls, and background investigations... you dont want to lose that pick bc of a cute play.

Exactly. Getting cute can possibly burn you in the long run. Sure, it would be nice if we could get more picks out of this. But at the end of the day, the Panthers traded up to #1 to get their guy, and there's no guarantee that the team they just traded that #1 with doesn't pick someone else like they'd though, but ends up picking the player that was originally wanted. It's just too much of a gamble to be certain.

Don't fug around with it - Stick with #1 and get the player coveted, Panthers. Hopefully it's the right guy for the franchise for the next 10-15 years, and we knock this selection straight out of the ball park.

• Pie 1

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

Yes they are

Well said.  But mr scot is still doing mr scot things

12 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

All 3 are completely different players. Cj most fits what Reich runs.   We would be goddamn fools to trade out of 1 just because we like 2-3 of the guys.   Plus what do folks really think Houston is going to give us to flip spots?

when you step back and hunk about it, it literally makes no sense and these “insiders” are playing us as morons.  

Exactly.  Stroud has been compared to Prescott and Goff.  I think he is the best of each.  That aligns with the coaching styles of several Panther coaches.

Young has been compared to Mahomes and Murray.  I think he is the worst of each.  While Murray has the same height, he is a better runner.  Mahomes has the elusive abilities and accuracy, but he is the best at what he does and Young has not shown to be his equal.

Richardson is the pick for all the Cam Newton fans hoping to clone their favorite son, but if the Panthers were interested in that kind of play, would they not have at least made a play for L. Jackson before trading more assets to Chicago?  I think Jackson is Richardson's ceiling, and that is fine.  I think Vince Young is his floor--yikes.

Levis?  He has the tools, but has not performed as well.  Secondly, he has been compared to Josh Allen.  Coming out of college, Josh Allen was not compared to players of his caliber, so to expect Levis to defy the odds and reach his ceiling (Josh Allen) is such a reach.  According to one source (and I like the comparision) think Jay Cutler instead.  When compared to CJ, there is no comparison.

• Pie 2

I have a really hard time wrapping my head around drafting Bryce Young. You basically look like a genius if it works but you look like an idiot if he doesn't. 

CJ is a lot safer of a pick. 

I wouldn't be upset if we got young I guess but he'd need to convince me on the field to not be at least fairly worried about if he can stay upright for 17+ games a season. 

I'd be let down if CJ didn't work but I'd be incensed if Bryce didn't work and CJ did. Because then the panthers just played themselves...

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Thank you for the insight + clarification!