• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter: Bryce Young is believed to be favorite for #1 for the Panthers right now

TheSpecialJuan

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

I see you've been up late pooing posts about your favorite sub 6 foot QB. What are you gonna do if we don't draft him bub? I'll welcome him I'd even welcome Levis although I would be verrry disappointed. But some of ya'll sound like you'd be on the edge of a cliff if his name isn't called.

I’d be happy if we selected Stroud. It’s just pretty clear who is more talented of the two. 

It’s the posters in here so adamant that Young and his poor widdle frame will break the first time he’s tackled that are on edge. The Panthers were sacked 36 times in 2022. Young hasn’t shown a propensity to be a punk. He’ll survive. 

If I poo a post, it just means I disagree with it. Sorry that offended you. I didn’t realize your emotions were more fragile than you view Bryce Young’s frame. 

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

I’d be happy if we selected Stroud. It’s just pretty clear who is more talented of the two. 

It’s the posters in here so adamant that Young and his poor widdle frame will break the first time he’s tackled that are on edge. The Panthers were sacked 36 times in 2022. Young hasn’t shown a propensity to be a punk. He’ll survive. 

If I poo a post, it just means I disagree with it. Sorry that offended you. I didn’t realize your emotions were more fragile than you view Bryce Young’s frame. 

One could certainly argue you being emotional enough to poo a post over a disagreement over a draft prospect is an example of fragility but do you 🤷‍♂️

As far as talent between Stroud and Young neither has built a huge gap. They are both talented and check many boxes. There are small cons here and there where they are different. The biggest for Young is plainly obvious. But only the pro Young camp are making it their mission to belittle CJ Stroud as a passer. That's just blatantly being disingenuous. His game tape speaks for itself. Folks making things up about him are doing so to mask the valid concerns about Bryce Young's frame. It's played out.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, ncsfinest21 said:

Or even better yet. These D lineman are 6'6" and he gets balls batted down. College success and motivation is great but it dont transfer to the NFL. Very few under 6'1" actually do well. Drew Brees is the bunch. But it'll be hard to find many others.

Bryce out of college is way better than Brees coming out of college.

so why can’t he be as good as Brees or better in the nfl? 

Just my opinion,  Bryce Young is the Reggie Bush of college QBs. Sure, he looks great in college.  I’m not sure he will translate to the pros whether it’s because he’s so small he won’t last or because the pros are a different game from college. I think barring injury he’ll at least be pretty good, similar to Bush, but he las limitations. Not only is Stroud simply a better thrower of the football, he’s better at getting the ball from his hand to the receiver, but he’s also the right size and doesn’t have those same limitations. His skillsets are a direct 1:1 translation to the NFL unlike Young. Not everyone who can scramble around and play backyard football in college can do it in the NFL. Some can.  But the accuracy, anticipation and touch that are Stroud’s advantage over Young are things that are always needed in the NFL and rarely seen at the level Stroud demonstrated all year in college. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

37 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

Maybe the playing style? Bryce extends plays and takes a lot of hits doing it. Brees was more of a pocket passer who got the ball out fast. Honestly Brees’s style is more like Stroud IMO.

• Pie 2

40 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

Just watching everything I have seen from Young, I seriously don't think his style of play will translate to the NFL. He won't be able to scramble around every play to find a passing lane at the NFL level. He is get killed

Edited by Daddy_Uncle
  • Pie 3