• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Get the WR's now, use 2nd pick for defense

Jmac

51 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

Trade for Hopkins and we no longer than have that second pick.

we might be able to get him for a third and maybe a day 2 pick next year. 

would be worth it even for a 2nd this year. i would not be upset at all.

if we can pull off DHop and Chark i'd be ecstatic.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

59 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

Trade for Hopkins and we no longer than have that second pick.

I think this totally depends on who you’re targeting. If you’re targeting a polished day 1 starter (Young) then imo you make the move for Hop. Otherwise with any of these other QBs I think you keep the draft capital. 

Andrew Luck’s first year he went 11-5 and threw for 4300 yards, 25TDs. If we have a lineup of Hop, Marshall, Hurst, Sanders then I think 4500 yards, 30-35 TDs is totally doable in the Reich system for Young or Stroud. They’re going all out this season and I’m loving it. 

• Pie 1

54 minutes ago, pantherj said:

There are a bunch of slot receivers in the second round, but no real #1 WRs worthy of that pick. We need to either trade back up into the 1st round for a #1, or trade for a WR from some other team, or get a FA. One of these things is going to happen imo. The again, Fitt just foolishly restructured Jackson so he might do something else stupid with the WR situation.

That’s why I don’t want us to ignore the TE prospects for the second tier of WRs in a class where the top tier is well below recent years. Cheaper FA WRs could be better placeholders to maybe use our 2024 2nd or 2025 1st on a better, true WR1.

51 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

I think this totally depends on who you’re targeting. If you’re targeting a polished day 1 starter (Young) then imo you make the move for Hop. Otherwise with any of these other QBs I think you keep the draft capital. 

Andrew Luck’s first year he went 11-5 and threw for 4300 yards, 25TDs. If we have a lineup of Hop, Marshall, Hurst, Sanders then I think 4500 yards, 30-35 TDs is totally doable in the Reich system for Young or Stroud. They’re going all out this season and I’m loving it. 

Dear lord, those stats are like the ridiculous numbers the Teddy fan boys put up there.

Luck put up great stats with Wayne, Hilton and Allen/Fleener at TE. We don’t have that or even close to that and you think Young/Stroud as rookies will better that?

I feel like this fan base is setting themselves up for a lot of disappointment this year expecting us to be real contenders year 1 of a rookie QB and a new staff.

• Pie 2

37 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

Plus he older and probably looking to go to a contender.. We are not that..

Sir this division is winnable.

The NFC is weak only the Eagles are a legit threat. 49ers good but they have a question mark at QB. We can absolutely be a contender in the NFC with Hopkins.

Our defense is young and getting better every year. Oline is legit. We just added a top 7 rb talent. The only major questions left is WR.