• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What do you want to do with pick #39?

CamWhoaaCam

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You seem to really know your draft stuff.

Any long athletic edge rushers in this draft?

Would love to have another Burns on the other side getting after the QB.

For that mold, I'd say Will McDonald & Isaiah Foskey would be nice options.  High chance McDonald is gone before 39 & Foskey goes between 39 and 93.  But I can see a scenario where we end up finding a way back between those picks.  

A few mid rounder guys to not sleep on would be KJ Henry, Isaiah McGuire, & Byron Young.  Big fans of all of those dudes.  This class is stacked at EDGE.

A developmental late rounder to consider would be Ochuan Mathis.  Probs the longest dude in the class but he's got a ways to go.  Would be a late round flyer.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

For that mold, I'd say Will McDonald & Isaiah Foskey would be nice options.  High chance McDonald is gone before 39 & Foskey goes between 39 and 93.  But I can see a scenario where we end up finding a way back between those picks.  

A few mid rounder guys to not sleep on would be KJ Henry, Isaiah McGuire, & Byron Young.  Big fans of all of those dudes.  This class is stacked at EDGE.

A developmental late rounder to consider would be Ochuan Mathis.  Probs the longest dude in the class but he's got a ways to go.  Would be a late round flyer.

Are you a former scout or something?

It's amazing how you know all these different positions and players and skill sets. Foskey looks like the real deal btw.

• Pie 1

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Are you a former scout or something?

It's amazing how you know all these different positions and players and skill sets. Foskey looks like the real deal btw.

My fiance is on her bachelorette weekend in Cabo so I've got some time tonight lol.  Don't take my preferences as anything other than some random architect who nerds out with football and spends too much free time doing this and apparently not drafting my vows right now lol.  Played TE in high school and am fam friends with an ex-GM.    

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

Sweet spot for a Pass rusher or CB in most of my mocks.. 

or trade down for extra assets…

This. I want a edge, ILB or corner. If we could trade down and still stay in the top 48 and add a third it could fill two position instead of just one. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mickeye76 said:

This. I want a edge, ILB or corner. If we could trade down and still stay in the top 48 and add a third it could fill two position instead of just one. 

Most of my mocks have had good success with being able to go as far as 58 add a 3rd and a 5th and getting some good depth picks..

30 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

Most of my mocks have had good success with being able to go as far as 58 add a 3rd and a 5th and getting some good depth picks..

I need to reassess my day 2 mock picks now that we have Theilan/Chark/Hurst. I'm fine going BPA between Edge/WR/CB. Don't like the idea of trading down because it seems like it starts thinning out around pick 50-60. I'd rather trade up and roll with 5 draft picks than trade back and have multiple projects. Rhule left us with enough of those already

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I need to reassess my day 2 mock picks now that we have Theilan/Chark/Hurst. I'm fine going BPA between Edge/WR/CB. Don't like the idea of trading down because it seems like it starts thinning out around pick 50-60. I'd rather trade up and roll with 5 draft picks than trade back and have multiple projects. Rhule left us with enough of those already

This draft seem to show not a big drop off in the middle.. Only 3 blue chip players then a lot of depth in the middle .. From the middle of round 2 to round 4 you’re getting similar prospects.. So trading down might not be as big a drop off you think..

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

This draft seem to show not a big drop off in the middle.. Only 3 blue chip players then a lot of depth in the middle .. From the middle of round 2 to round 4 you’re getting similar prospects.. So trading down might not be as big a drop off you think..

That's why I'm saying trade up and get two guys from the top of the 2nd round that could contribute this year. Either way I like that we have all 6 picks in the top 5 rounds