• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zay Flowers is him!

CamWhoaaCam

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He's not a luxury. Neither Theilen or Chark are long term options at WR. Chark could walk after next season. That leaves us weak at WR again.

If Chark does well for us during what is essentially a prove-it year, we won't let him get away. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Doesn't Reich generally prefer bigger WRs? Flowers and Downs might end up being the two best NFL WRrs in this class but they also might not have the size Reich looks for.

Downs is going to end up hurt. Dude is a Microbot. Not sure about Flowers. 

Is there anyone who may be overlooked from a G5 that can run like Hill?

9 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Josh McCown compared Stroud to Burrow. I don't see any way that we don't take Stroud unless Tepper wants his own personal pet project in Young. 

I'd agree about getting Jaxon but wouldn't that require trading Horn, Chinn, or Burns? No one is trading out of the first unless we give up a player.

Yeah that's a pipe dream for PNP but I would like to take him/Downs/Flowers at 39 if still there. Thielen and Chark could have ankle sprains by week 5 and we're left with nothing special

13 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Josh McCown compared Stroud to Burrow. I don't see any way that we don't take Stroud unless Tepper wants his own personal pet project in Young. 

I'd agree about getting Jaxon but wouldn't that require trading Horn, Chinn, or Burns? No one is trading out of the first unless we give up a player.

Young and "project" just doesn't make any kind of sense.

See guys, this is exactly what I'm talking about in reference to Stroud supporters taking things overboard. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Young and "project" just doesn't make any kind of sense.

See guys, this is exactly what I'm talking about in reference to Stroud supporters taking things overboard. 

Im just here to say im a Stroud fan but im not like the other fanboys who try and downplay Young every chance they get.

They simply don't know football if they think Young is a project.

• Pie 1

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

All players try to play their best football in a contract year.

The question is what will he do after the contract...

The question with Chark has been about health, not his heart (no pun intended). If his ankle injury is behind him, and he plays up to his perceived ability, we'll definitely do our best to extend him, as well we should. 

In a sense, it's also a prove-it year for TMJ. Don't forget about him. 

2 hours ago, Lurk21 said:

I think they are looking into Leinard Floyd but no telling on implications. There are sine definite options at 39 for pass rush tho. Somebody like Dalton Kincaid may be there too and adding him in a 2 tight end set could be just as deadly as Flowers. Idk... there will be some tough options. 

I have seen Kincaid from 15 to 45--I am guessing he is long gone by the time the first day ends--however, we don't know.  At 39, I  would take him in a heartbeat.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im just here to say im a Stroud fan but im not like the other fanboys who try and downplay Young every chance they get.

They simply don't know football if they think Young is a project.

I see both QBs being successful in the right system.  My position is based on what QB is the best fit considering our staff, OL, WRs, defense, and game plan.  Just about all of those are basically unknown right now--new staff, new defense, new offensive philosophy, new WR room, and even our OL--with two guards healing--is unknown for now.  Anyone who claims to know the best QB for the Panthers is lying.

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

We're already in full "fug dem picks" mode. Why slow down now?

Are we really ???? 
We still have a lot draft assets to be in fug those pick mode??

I know ppl fall in love with the draft and never pay attention to college players until now..

But reality again is..

This isn’t a great Wr draft. You’re not getting Julio Jones, Jamar Chase , or Chris Olave.. You’re not getting a for sure number 1 guy in this draft.. So all talking about trading up.. You’re trading up for similar prospects like TMJ, D Funch and Goodwin.. 1 might develop but you’re not getting that Julio type prospect.. Is it worth it now???

Depends on what you want ...."loosely based" comps.

Zay - AB ish 

Hyatt- Tedd Ginn with hands

Downs - would almost be almost equivalent to a slightly faster CMC at the WR position. 

Zay is still my favorite. With Hyatt being our strongest possibility. And you have Boutte from LSU who has dropped recently. 

I dont think the WR position is weak at all. Johnston, Burton, Addison, Njigba, Harrell, Perry, Mingo, Tillman, etc. 

Might be a lack of #1's out the gate ...but it's a helluva lot of 2's and a few 2's that could get to 1.

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'd rather move up and get 3 starters total than draft all 6 spots to have a couple projects. We still have projects that don't know what they're doing thanks to Rhule

Yeah I disagree we need depth no matter what.. You can’t be the person worried about injuries in 1 thread but doesn’t care about depth in another…

Edited by Sub Zero
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1