• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zay Flowers is him!

CamWhoaaCam

1 minute ago, Sub Zero said:

Yeah I disagree we need depth no matter what.. You can’t be the person worried about injuries in 1 thread but doesn’t care about depth in another…

How am I not caring about depth? We already have depth, we need a potential starter. CB is where we have no depth

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

How am I not caring about depth? We already have depth, we need a potential starter. CB is where we have no depth

I think edge need depth Oline and Cb.. 

Right now WR got 5 maybe 6 bodies with experience..  TE got 4 guys and Ricchi who have playing experience.. But these are the positions ppl are focused on..

24 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I have seen Kincaid from 15 to 45--I am guessing he is long gone by the time the first day ends--however, we don't know.  At 39, I  would take him in a heartbeat.

Yeah, I have seen that too! I'm thinking him having the surgery has him sliding a lil bit but he is definitely  1st round talent. Pretty deep draft for skill positions. 

6 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

I think edge need depth Oline and Cb.. 

Right now WR got 5 maybe 6 bodies with experience..  TE got 4 guys and Ricchi who have playing experience.. But these are the positions ppl are focused on..

Yeah general depth is another story. Who knows what this new staff can get out of all of Rhules projects he was hoping would just be good without actual coaching

7 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

This isn’t a great Wr draft. You’re not getting Julio Jones, Jamar Chase , or Chris Olave.. You’re not getting a for sure number 1 guy in this draft.. So all talking about trading up.. You’re trading up for similar prospects like TMJ, D Funch and Goodwin.. 1 might develop but you’re not getting that Julio type prospect.. Is it worth it now???

Didn't even read your post until after I posted but yea the # of pure day one #1's in this draft might be very low.. 

With who we brought it @ WR, if we're taking another at #39, I'd want Flowers or Hyatt if either are there. Boutte is a ?? for me but his upside is intriguing. 

With DJ Chark's injury history and Thielen at his age, I'd strongly support getting someone who could step in. But then again, we still have TMJ(who I'm really high on for next year), Shi Smith (who could be on my similar 3rd year trajectory, just not as dominant), CJ Saunders (who'll probably be cut, but was performing at a high level at camp iirc and was placed with the 1's at some point), and Shenault(who is not a traditional WR but still a threat). 

We should already be better than last year primarily in the redzone. But if Reich decides to run a two TE system then the whole gameplan switches. At which point Washington becomes my favorite at 39. If it's a REAL BPA pick, not taking position into account, it wouldnt shock me if the top 6 WRs are gone by our 2nd rounder and BPA is TE: Kincaid or Washington, S: Brian Branch or RB: Gibbs. That's actually pretty realistic with how the draft usually falls. I do want Hyatt on this team. Pipedream.

17 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Didn't even read your post until after I posted but yea the # of pure day one #1's in this draft might be very low.. 

With who we brought it @ WR, if we're taking another at #39, I'd want Flowers or Hyatt if either are there. Boutte is a ?? for me but his upside is intriguing. 

With DJ Chark's injury history and Thielen at his age, I'd strongly support getting someone who could step in. But then again, we still have TMJ(who I'm really high on for next year), Shi Smith (who could be on my similar 3rd year trajectory, just not as dominant), CJ Saunders (who'll probably be cut, but was performing at a high level at camp iirc and was placed with the 1's at some point), and Shenault(who is not a traditional WR but still a threat). 

We should already be better than last year primarily in the redzone. But if Reich decides to run a two TE system then the whole gameplan switches. At which point Washington becomes my favorite at 39. If it's a REAL BPA pick, not taking position into account, it wouldnt shock me if the top 6 WRs are gone by our 2nd rounder and BPA is TE: Kincaid or Washington, S: Brian Branch or RB: Gibbs. That's actually pretty realistic with how the draft usually falls. I do want Hyatt on this team. Pipedream.

JMO!! 

aFter the top 4 .. You’re getting similar prospects in the 2nd that you would in the 4th..

I like Downs and Hyatt but I also Like Parker Washington Tank Dell and Charlie Jones as well in the 4th .. And the latter have punt and kick returner on their resumes..

3 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Luxury how? WR still a huge need. Chark is on a 1 yr contract, Thielen is old, TMJ yet to show anything, Shi Smith would be cut on a lot of rosters. And oh yeah, no 1st next year. 

So you are saying the need for a WR surpasses that of Rush OLB or CB?  How many games have Horn and Jackson missed over the past 2 seasons.  At edge we are very thin (Burns, Barno, and Haynes?) Sure, WR is a need, but maybe not a slot WR and maybe not even a priority at this time for 2023.  CB and Edge scare me more than WR, right now.  Shenault is also on the roster.

Edited by MHS831
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

JMO!! 

aFter the top 4 .. You’re getting similar prospects in the 2nd that you would in the 4th..

I like Downs and Hyatt but I also Like Parker Washington Tank Dell and Charlie Jones as well in the 4th .. And the latter have punt and kick returner on their resumes..

I forgot about Tank Dell, he's another one. I guess the coaching staff has to decide if he's that much more of threat than Shi, if they wanna pick one up later. 

That Tank Dell vs Sauce vid says alot though. 

19 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

So you are saying the need for a WR surpasses that of Rush OLB or CB?  How many games have Horn and Jackson missed over the past 2 seasons.  At edge we are very thin (Burns, Barno, and Haynes?) Sure, WR is a need, but maybe not a slot WR and maybe not even a priority at this time for 2023.  CB and Edge scare me more than WR, right now.  Shenault is also on the roster.

Exactly my mind set.. Now this all changes if we get Floyd or Peters..