• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich press conference today?

Mr. Scot

13 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

If the "instinct" you possess is being able to know/avoid pressure/hits while in the pocket then that translates pretty damn well to the NFL.

Some guys have that 6th sense while they stand there. 

Others have no idea when they're about to be hit or when to make a slight move up or down in the pocket. 

A lot of people think mobility is the most important tool when it comes to avoiding sacks.

It isn't. Processing speed is.

Heck, back when he played, Michael Vick was frequently high on the list of who took the most sacks. Dan Marino was harder to sack because by the time you could count to two and a half, the football was already gone.

The absolute best trait you can have to avoid getting hit Is the ability to get the football out of your hands too quickly for anyone to get to you. The ability to run and scramble is secondary.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 5

9 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

If the "instinct" you possess is being able to know/avoid pressure/hits while in the pocket then that translates pretty damn well to the NFL.

Some guys have that 6th sense while they stand there. 

Others have no idea when they're about to be hit or when to make a slight move up or down in the pocket. 

I'll match that with a Luke Kuechly on the other side.

Everybody in the NFL by trade should be instinctual by now.

56 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

So Reich has said Young’s height and durability ARE a concern. Maybe posters on here can stop pretending like it’s not..

The question is do his intangibles outweigh his physical limitations. They are off the charts so they might.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So Reich has said Young’s height and durability ARE a concern. Maybe posters on here can stop pretending like it’s not..

The question is do his intangibles outweigh his physical limitations. They are off the charts so they might.

I’ve stated the whole time it should be considered just as Reich describes. I disagree with the idea it should eliminate him from #1 discussion which is the way it’s portrayed by many here. 

I think the other traits you mentioned are that good. I have a feeling Reich and Fitt agree, but we’ll be in good shape either way. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

I’ve stated the whole time it should be considered just as Reich describes. I disagree with the idea it should eliminate him from #1 discussion which is the way it’s portrayed by many here. 

I think the other traits you mentioned are that good. I have a feeling Reich and Fitt agree, but we’ll be in good shape either way. 

If you agree his size is considering then we are in the same page.

Joe Person had the Panthers taking CJ Stroud in The Athletic's beat writer mock draft (link)

His reasoning...

Frank Reich has a type when it comes to quarterbacks, all of whom have been 6-foot-2 or taller (the majority have been 6-4 and up). Reich also values accuracy. That combination points to the 6-3, 214-pound Stroud, who has impressed with his ball placement and throwing mechanics. The one knock on Stroud was his unwillingness to make plays with his feet. Then he showed off his athleticism in the College Football Playoff semifinal against a Georgia defense teeming with NFL prospects, and everyone took notice. 

• Beer 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

If you agree his size is considering then we are in the same page.

I agree it should be a part of the discussion. Every attribute of each draft pick should be. I’ve just reached the conclusion that his talent is worth the risk. 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

I agree it should be a part of the discussion. Every attribute of each draft pick should be. I’ve just reached the conclusion that his talent is worth the risk. 

Yep sums it up, Bryce will be the pick, you can only knock him for his size...but yet again he's been compared to GREAT NFL PLAYERS like Barry Sanders...the QB Barry Sanders...omg

10 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Sounds fair to me.  I just keep hearing these "he didn't get hurt in college so he won't get hurt in the NFL" posters.  That's not quite how it works...